• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake designer shoes?

DSKent

Reaction score
I've never been to Hong Kong myself, but I've been told by friends that fake pieces from any designer you can imagine (from Boss to Brioni) can be had on the streets. Â I still thought, though, that besides shirts and other obvious items, things like shoes were not really faked because of the amount of work that would have to go into producing a quality replica of a well-known designer shoe, like Prada. Â Am I mistaken in thinking this? The reason this came to mind is because I saw these on eBay and didn't think it was possible for them to be real: Brand New PRADA America's Cup I've actually wanted a pair of those for a while (I know some people on these forum hate them, but I want a pair of straight black trainers). Â Any opinions on the authenticity of the above item would be greatly appreciated. Â Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fake ass shoes, IMHO, and not especially good ones. The leather looks poorly finished at the edges. And FYI, *everything* can be faked. The A grade fake Hermes and JP Tods bags that are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing (and you don't need to get on a waiting list to get them.) Shoes - easy to fake - very, very, easy to fake. Not so for Artioli, but really easy for Prada Sports.

MikeF

Reaction score
I'd be really careful about buying designer anything from a merchant in China. I suppose there's the possibility that it might be real, but chances are very, very good that it's fake. That being said, why do you care if the quality of the fake is high and the price reflects the fact that it is fake?

DSKent

Reaction score
Mike: I don't know if you were addressing me or LA Guy. I wasn't interested in buying shoes from this guy. He doesn't even have my size
smile.gif
I was just curious about the extent to which things like this are faked there. I guess I would've thought that if they took the time to fake the whole shoe, they would also fake a dustbag or box so it could fetch twice as much. I only came across these because I was trying to find a pair in my size from a more genuine seller. All the stores I've been to have been sold out of my size (I need a Prada 12). I guess I'll just order them from NM and get it over with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads