1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fake designer shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DSKent, Jul 15, 2004.

1. DSKent

DSKent Well-Known Member

I've never been to Hong Kong myself, but I've been told by friends that fake pieces from any designer you can imagine (from Boss to Brioni) can be had on the streets. Â I still thought, though, that besides shirts and other obvious items, things like shoes were not really faked because of the amount of work that would have to go into producing a quality replica of a well-known designer shoe, like Prada. Â Am I mistaken in thinking this? The reason this came to mind is because I saw these on eBay and didn't think it was possible for them to be real: Brand New PRADA America's Cup I've actually wanted a pair of those for a while (I know some people on these forum hate them, but I want a pair of straight black trainers). Â Any opinions on the authenticity of the above item would be greatly appreciated. Â Thanks.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Fake ass shoes, IMHO, and not especially good ones. The leather looks poorly finished at the edges. And FYI, *everything* can be faked. The A grade fake Hermes and JP Tods bags that are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing (and you don't need to get on a waiting list to get them.) Shoes - easy to fake - very, very, easy to fake. Not so for Artioli, but really easy for Prada Sports.

3. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

I'd be really careful about buying designer anything from a merchant in China. I suppose there's the possibility that it might be real, but chances are very, very good that it's fake. That being said, why do you care if the quality of the fake is high and the price reflects the fact that it is fake?

4. DSKent

DSKent Well-Known Member

Mike: I don't know if you were addressing me or LA Guy. I wasn't interested in buying shoes from this guy. He doesn't even have my size [​IMG] I was just curious about the extent to which things like this are faked there. I guess I would've thought that if they took the time to fake the whole shoe, they would also fake a dustbag or box so it could fetch twice as much. I only came across these because I was trying to find a pair in my size from a more genuine seller. All the stores I've been to have been sold out of my size (I need a Prada 12). I guess I'll just order them from NM and get it over with.