• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake brioni on ebay?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell, the pics are horrible. It's an authentic Brioni tag, though.

koji

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be real Brioni. It's a used jacket, after all (regardless of NWOT puffery). I've got two Brioni blazers that I bought used on EBay -- one was @$125; the other @$150. Both in perfect "like new" condition. Thus, I'm not concerned in the slightest by the $300 price. As it is, new with tags (NWT) Brioni blazers regularly sell on EBay for just $600-750 or so; often for a good deal less.

I must say though, this auction is an example of how bad pictures can really hurt someone in getting the highest possible price. I mean, the pictures are horrendous. Unprofessional.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What made you question its authenticity??

It's real, albeit an older model. And it could indeed have once been half of a suit, but that doesn't really matter. There is no difference between a Brioni blazer and a solid navy Brioni suit coat, with the possible exception of the buttons. I always get rid of brass buttons anyways, so I don't consider them a problem.

Wick

Reaction score
I should have qualified my credentials by stating that I do not own any Brioni clothing. However, the cheap price made me question the item's authenticity. In addition, the label seems a bit off. Specifically, the smaller red box is not centered within the big red box. It's a little off. Is this normal with Brioni labels?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's an old Brioni label. They haven't had the "Roma" on the label for a long time. However, even with recent suits, there is more variation in Brioni labels than just about any other maker I know of. Lots of versions, all distinctively Brioni.

Zubberah

Reaction score
Agree with A harris - I've seen this label in very old Brionis.

Also, looks authentic to me - I saved the label pic, zoomed and brightened it up and it had the tell-tale Brioni embroidered lining (man on a horse - dont have mine on today so cannot be specific?).

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with A harris - I've seen this label in very old Brionis.

Also, looks authentic to me - I saved the label pic, zoomed and brightened it up and it had the tell-tale Brioni embroidered lining (man on a horse - dont have mine on today so cannot be specific?).
There are also other embroidered linings, eg "Brioni" (written in cursive like their logo) all over.

tixd

Reaction score
hello
what do you think fake or not? see it on ebay

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads