• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Aviators?

GuyOffTheStreet

Reaction score
I found some aviators on ebay for $50 which seems like a steal but I suspect they might be fake based on what I've heard. I heard that if it says "Ray Ban Italy" on the top nose bar then they aren't legit. Here is the pic in question:

1424x9d.png

However, the seller has only one negative feedback out of around 200 and it was removed by ebay regarding a completely different item. I didnt look that carefully but i did see one person who bought the sunglasses and was happy but they may not realize they are fakes. Here is the description:
The item you are bidding on is A pair of Ray Ban Arista Gunmetal RB3025 Metal frame aviators
The product is made by Ray Ban in Italy and is 100% Authentic.
Lightweight Construction allows the sunglasses to withstand more pressure and not break.
100% UV protectant
Silver Lenses on a stunning Gunmetal Finished Frame.
Classic Style aviators the lenses are so dark that your eyes when wearing them are not visible the classic aviator style.
Sunglasses come with Ray Ban Authenticity Book, Sunglasses, Ray Ban Keychain, Soft wiping cloth for small blemishes on the lenses, Outer case for storage of the glassses.
Although i did not get a good picture of it the Ray Ban Imprint on the side on the Silicone Nose rubbers proves it's Authenticity.
The Ray Ban Keychain, and the Ray Ban imprint on the outside wall of the right lens also are Ray Ban Authenticity Markers.
The Aviators are truly stunning and with the lightweight construction you barely know that you are wearing anything at all, Extremely comfortable.
Any questions or comments feel free to message me and i will get back to you as soon as i can.
So are they fake? If they are, is the quality extremely different?

GuyOffTheStreet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Here's the deal:

Either buy them for full price from an authorized dealer, or forever live in fear that your glasses are fake.

eh i think i might buy them anyway. They look legit enough for the price difference. but do they have UV protection if theyre fake?

ducatisteve

Reaction score
You don't know what you're getting if it's a fake. It's not like counterfeiters have standards they have to meet.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Are they supposed to be brand new?

B and L haven't made Ray Bans for around ten years so if new they must be old stock or something. I have some pre Luxottica Ray Ban aviators and they don't have any marking on the nose bridge it's all on the temples. Caveat Emptor.

GuyOffTheStreet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkstone
That's all there is
5086.gif

thanks. i didnt see the B&L on the bridge before that pretty much confirms that they are fake since they no longer own ray ban yet are advertised as new.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics