• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake armani suit?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And the difference between a real and fake Armani is what exactly?
wink.gif
Jon.

aybojs

Reaction score
Wow, this seller seems to be doing every obnoxious and/or shady eBay clothes-selling practice in the book.

Trying to pass of lower quality diffusion line products as items from the flagship line (e.g. Mani as Giorgio Armani)? check.
Ridiculously inflating retail price to the point of blatantly lying? check.
Pulling the old "crappy suit with Zegna fabric=Zegna-made suit" gag? check.
Misrepesenting cheap phony Italian-sounding brands as high end merchandise? check.
Selling fakes? check.

None of the suits are even new, which means you could pick any one of them up at a local thrift store for maybe $25 at most. I suppose the fact that most of the suits are just going for $50-75 as opposed to several hundred is somewhat a relief, but the fact that seller has near-perfect feedback is somewhat depressing (especially with the seller's apparent burst of obsessive replying in the form of an all-caps ad to every recent feedback).

regularjoe

Reaction score
I've heard of fakes, but I've never seen one, much less one this blatant.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume the problem with this suit is that the label doesn't look like regular Armani labels? That and the inane "your" vs. "you're" mistake in his post....

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote from the site...

"ALL TAGS OF AUTHENTICITY ATTACHED MADE IN ITALY"

Actually when you read that properly it says that the attached tags are made in Italy, and the suit? Could be in a absement somewhere in a third world country.

Incidentally, Italy has been clamping down or trying to at least on the practice of finishing a product in Italy (i.e. affixing the button) and then claiming that the product is made in Italy.

JJF

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't remember how Armani suits are supposed to look, as opposed to this one. How is this fake obvious?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't remember how Armani suits are supposed to look, as opposed to this one. How is this fake obvious?
If Alias doesnt know I dont think WE should tell him...

Psssst. Hey...yeah...enlighten us lesser folk... how is this so obvious?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, after thinking about it, it would be a pretty cool brand name: Fake Armani; I mean they have Fake London. They have "Giorgio Armani", "Armani Exchange", "Emporio Armani", etc...they could also have "Fake Armani". That way whenever someone asked you what kind of suit you are wearing and you responded "Armani", and someone else mentioned that it is a fake Armani; you could take it as a compliment.
biggrin.gif
Jon.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Alias @ 29 June 2004, 4:03) I can't remember how Armani suits are supposed to look, as opposed to this one. How is this fake obvious?
If Alias doesnt know I dont think WE should tell him... Psssst. Hey...yeah...enlighten us lesser folk... how is this so obvious?
So cruel. So cruel. But, since I do not know either, (although I am assuming it is the label) please enlighten us lesser mortals.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Er...Ummm...Wasnt being cruel... I am actually one of the lesser mortals meself.

Hope you didnt misunderstand me and get offended Alias.

JJF
Sorry FiH.  I know you were not being cruel.  I was just teasing.  I had hoped that the repitition would make clear that I was simply fooling around.  However, recognizing that typed communications lead to lack of clarity, the fault rests with me and I am sorry that I gave cause for you to believe I was serious.

That said, I, as you, am a lesser mortal when it comes to spotting the fake and I am encouraged to note that you are at least a clothing professional, while I am a rank amatuer.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies,29 June 2004, 1:53
That said, I, as you, am a lesser mortal when it comes to spotting the fake and I am encouraged to note that you are at least a clothing professional, while I am a rank amatuer.
Ohhh... Now THAT was nasty.
biggrin.gif
PS: Â My specialty is Children's High end stuff, not Adults.
tounge.gif
. The Menswear is a new "venture" and I am learning daily. (The Ties are a company that we have been using for about 20 years who makes Men's Ties, we have just been thus far using him for our kids only.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads