• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Armani suit? first post

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if it is real, do you really want to waste your money on an Emporio Armani suit? They're pretty low quality. Collezioni is about as low as I would go if I liked the Armani look.

Material Boy

Reaction score
I can't tell from the pictures whether or not the suit is "real" or "fake", but what I can say is the seller has inflated the price of the Emporio Armani suit. No way in hell these suits are retailing for $1699.00.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct. I've worn Black Label, for more than twenty years. Emporio is not Armani's best . . . but if you're young, it's okay. What you should do, is to wait until the sales start to take shape . . . after Thanksgiving, and then do your shopping, up close.

Seattle-Bassist

Reaction score
Absolutely, positively 100% fake. A buddy of mine bought a black one about 6 months ago and it was a terrible fake. Looked good at first glance though. Returned it for full credit, the guy didn;t even act like it was a hassle.

Plus, he claims to be in the USA but looks like he is in Asia somewhere. Don;t waste your time.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Agreed. As for the "retail" price, Material Boy is right. Emporio suits retail for about $800-900 or thereabouts for entry-level or basic suits. Emporio is meant to be Armani's sportier line for younger buyers, so it's about third in terms of price (after Black label and Collezioni). If they charged that much for them, they'd be mixing up their labels and competing with each other's buyer. Even basic Collezioni suits aren't $1699 (I have a charcoal collezioni that I got on sale and even then the retail was just $1400).

IN short, beware. If you really like Emporio, they always have MANY new and authentic EA suits on Yoox for about $400, maybe less as they have some coupon codes and such. That's more than I'd pay for one due to the quality, but if you like the more relaxed, slightly sportier Emporio cut (which really looks nice on some people), then I'd definitely get it there rather than EBAY. Armani, Versace, Dolce&Gabbana, and Prada are brands I'd avoid on ebay unless you know the buyer; there are just TOO many fakes that are hard to tell until you RECEIVE the item.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The misspelled name was in the poster's title, not the ebay thread (though I think the suit is fake, too, they at least spelled Emporio Armani right).

As for Japanese Lobb's... they aren't fake John Lobb's. They're a completely separate brand without any ostensible affiliation. Yes, I think the branding and naming are probably intentional and suspect (sort of like another Japanese brand Gianfranco Lattanzi), but they aren't sold as John Lobb or being a part of that company, so it's quite unlike a fake Emporio Armani suit.

I'm guessing that Japan has less strictly enforced copyrighting, because there are about 20 different Valentino close-names (the real Valentino is Garavani, but there are seriously tons of different made up names like Domenico Valentino, Valentino Kristy ((yeah, that one sounds very Italian)), Gianni Valentino, etc.) I've even seen Salvatore Versace ... all of these seen at Japanese street markets for like $10 (1000 yen).

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wink.gif

sf417

Reaction score
I've found some $1800 Armani suits priced for about $600 at a local shop... is it worth purchasing a this price? Even though a lot of people complain about Armani's construction, etc in these forums?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
wink.gif

Oops... guess I was slow on the joke. My bad.

sf417... which Armani is it? If it were Black Label, I'd say it might be an okay deal if you liked the way it was cut. Likewise, if you found a Collezioni that fit you like a glove and that you LOVED the cut, then that wouldn't be terribly unreasonable (though you could get better quality elsewhere for that price). I don't think you'll find a lot of Armani lovers around here, for good reason, but I tend to think Armani is worth a buy only if you love the way his suits are cut. Canali and Corneliani and such are better suits, but Armani DOES have a distinctive cut/style to his suit that looks good on some.

In short, the answer depends on what kind of suit it actually is and your own tastes.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
Even if it is real, do you really want to waste your money on an Emporio Armani suit? They're pretty low quality. Collezioni is about as low as I would go if I liked the Armani look.

My brother recently picked up an Emporio Armani suit in the sales and I was surprised at the high quality. It's a very modern slim fit, in a really nice Super 140s wool.

The look is much younger than Collezioni. Different product line entirely. Still fused though
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads