• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Allen Edmonds

Larson McCord

Reaction score
This issue was settled 2 yrs ago, as stated who the hell would fake Allen Edmonds?

hedgehog

Reaction score
Since no-one expects a pair of Allen Edmonds to be fake - perhaps that's an even bigger reason to be suspicious. There is perhaps an immense market for unexpected fakes.
sly.gif

Johnx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheBurnOut
What makes you think they are fake?

Since the shoes in the allenedmonds have a "logo" inside the shoe. I do not find that on my pair. Maybe it its a older model... Im not sure.

TRA8324

Reaction score
People sell fake polo and lacoste on ebay all the time...who's to say they wouldn't sell fake shoes.

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rathebaindc
1. why do you people buy things if you think they might be fake
2. do you really think people are making fake goodyear welted shoes and selling them at a profit for $123 on ebay?

Plenty of shoes have fake stitching

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Since no-one expects a pair of Allen Edmonds to be fake - perhaps that's an even bigger reason to be suspicious. There is perhaps an immense market for unexpected fakes.
sly.gif

It's a respected brand, but fairly common so few would suspect "great deals". And knockoffs could be made for probably... $30-40? Seems like it would be harder to fake an EG or Lobb since one would probably be more likely to know what they were getting. (Do stores check $10s as much as $100s?)

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnx
Since the shoes in the allenedmonds have a "logo" inside the shoe. I do not find that on my pair. Maybe it its a older model... Im not sure.

Are you the dude who started this exact same thread over at AAAC? If so, can you tell me what about the answers over there did you find lacking?

Johnx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
Are you the dude who started this exact same thread over at AAAC? If so, can you tell me what about the answers over there did you find lacking?

No, Im not that dude.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
People sell fake polo and lacoste on ebay all the time...who's to say they wouldn't sell fake shoes.

faking a golf shirt is pretty easy, faking a shoe is kinda hard; plus I imagine the materials and getting the look close would make the cost too high to make real money on fake AE's.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
Plenty of shoes have fake stitching It's a respected brand, but fairly common so few would suspect "great deals". And knockoffs could be made for probably... $30-40? Seems like it would be harder to fake an EG or Lobb since one would probably be more likely to know what they were getting. (Do stores check $10s as much as $100s?)
There's no market for knock-offs of common brands. Why spend $40 making a fake AE shoe you can sell for $120, when you can spend $40 making a fake women's Louis Vuitton shoe (or whatever) and sell it for $400? Genrally speaking, you make knock-offs of brands whose customers care primarily about the label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads