1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fairly amazing deal on Isaia suit on Ebay -- 44 R?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman, May 25, 2006.

1. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/Isaia-Mens-100-W...QQcmdZViewItem

Is this a 54R US, or a 54R European? I'm not so sure, as I explain below. I'd inquire with the seller.

I'm PRETTY sure I sold this Isaia suit to this guy some time ago. Not sure why he hasn't had it tailored and isn't going to wear it -- he said it fit him perfectly (I even offered him a return if it didn't). Anyways, if this seller is in fact the guy who I sold the suit to, it is a 54 R EUROPEAN, not a 54 R US as he has listed it. If you are a 43 or 44R, I would definitely inquire with the seller about the sizing, because $400 is a ridiculously low price on this thing.

Again, I'll premise everything I'm about to say on the assumption that this is the suit that I once had in my possession. The fabric is a three season (fall, winter, spring, IMO) worsted with a slightly brushed finish. The glen plaid is very subtle and the suit will come off as a dark grey from more than a few feet. It's a wonderful fabric with a nice hand but it's got some body to it. The shoulders are a little more structured than the typical Isaia, with a bit of roping at the sleevehead (though not as much as something like a Zegna). The measurements, IIRC, ran pretty true, and the suit would fit a 43R or a snug 44R. I think the length was 33" or something like that. Double vents, sleeves can be cut for working holes. 3 roll 2 1/2 button.