Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Faire Leather Co. Official Affliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Faire Leather Co., Nov 13, 2017 at 10:56 PM.

1. Faire Leather Co.

Faire Leather Co. New Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi SF!

Ryan and Joe here, and we’re the founders of Faire Leather Co.. Thanks for taking the time to check us out.

We’re honoured and excited to be part of this amazing community. One of the goals we had when we started Faire was to be a brand for the people. We couldn’t think of a better place to start building those relationships and gathering feedback than the SF community, so here we are!

Faire started out from a casual conversation we had over a couple of drinks. Joe was talking about his family business and it then came to the ideas we could build; how my experience meant I could market a concept for a product he would create.

I’m your standard working professional that works on the move. I carry my kindle, my laptop, a notebook and other daily essentials in my work bag. But I didn’t feel like there was anything out there that was solving a truly simple and fundamental problem - while the outside of my bag looked polished, inside it’s a mess and I can never find my stuff.

So I first asked Joe, “How difficult is it to make a bag that could neatly fit all my essentials?”

He explained that it wasn’t as easy as just building compartments. We would need to reimagine the structure of the conventional briefcase and make something that no one else had made before. We had to think specifically about the everyday needs of modern professionals and design the product with a focus on functionality not just with the compartments, but also the details that would make the product.

We achieved this by bringing each prototype to focus groups before incorporating feedback with each iteration – over and over again until we got it right. This isn’t something many makers have the luxury of doing, but we could because Joe’s family owns a leather factory. This also means we would never have to pay a manufacturer’s fee or a sample production cost. We also save on materials because of the relationships the business has built with suppliers over the years, and their craftsmen expertise in cutting leather efficiently. These cost savings made throughout the entire production process, we then pass on to you.

Ultimately, an attribute that goes beyond pricing is quality. Joe’s family has been making leather products for over 30 years. They have worked with countless types of materials and hardware, as well as the processes that go into making different kinds of bags. With Faire, we will have the same quality and knowhow, just updated for a new generation.

We set out to redefine true value as Functional Luxury at a Fair Price. Our product design philosophy rides on two main factors:

• Polished Exteriors: Along with our use of different materials, our stylish designs are accompanied by a clean and polished look, this differs from the more raw and rugged approach that our competitors take.

• Effortless Organisation: We’ve considered all your everyday needs. From your laptop and tablet to smaller items such as your keys, cables and a compartment for your business cards. We’ve even made a compartment for your SIM/SD cards. Everything is well-kept, and easy to access.
    After months of development and discussions, we’re proud to present our debut collection, which will be launching online this November.

Here are some photos of our Bond Travel Briefcase and Everyday Padfolio, as well as a selection of our small leather goods.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With gratitude, we’ll be releasing a limited number of super early bird discounts for our upcoming Kickstarter campaign. So be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when we launch.

You can find us on our website, Facebook, Instagram, and right here on Styleforum. At Faire Leather Co., our objective is to make what you want and need so we would love to hear your feedback and welcome any questions you have!

Best,

Ryan & Joe

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 11:16 PM