• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fack!!! I'm jealous of a crack-head!

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MaSoB
Just saw an interesting interview on TV with Warren Buffet.

The man is worth in excess of $60BILLION dollars, yet he still lives in the house he bought in the 1960's for $30k and drives a second hand car.

what a ******* waste,LIVE IT UP BUFFET

darkdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
what a ******* waste,LIVE IT UP BUFFET

Within the past couple years he splurged on a private jet....he previously flew coach. Many of the self made wealthy do not become wealthy with poor spending habits.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkdream
Within the past couple years he splurged on a private jet....he previously flew coach. Many of the self made wealthy do not become wealthy with poor spending habits.

sixty...SIXTY...SIX ZERO...BILLION...i think its safe to say he can go an a spree and not worry about it

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ahem...hot 25 year old women don't need money to acquire cocaine
teacha.gif

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkdream

A lot of them are just effing cheap though. I'm not saying to waste money on frivolous crap but many of the wealthy people I know pinch their pennies. Perhaps it's just a hold-over from an earlier hard life where they had to.

Here's an example - recently visited some distant family. One of them, my grandfather's first-cousin, collects about $130k per month from one of his properties (of which he has quite a few). He recently got some dental work done which he now has to redo cause a good dentist that was recommended to him charged him $600 more than the guy he chose to go with.

Okay, $600 is a fair sum of money to most people but let's put it in perspective. The guy is a millionaire, it's his bloody teeth and it's a one-time charge. FFS!!

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Cocaine addiction is not crack addiction.
There is some pretty compelling evidence now that suggests otherwise. There may be differences but they are likely cultural and psychological, not chemical.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MaSoB
His theory was that just because he has money, it doesn't mean he has to spend it. He is happy with his current house and car, so he doesn't see the need to buy something better just because he can.
I can see that, but being a billionaire and living in a little house and driving a crappy car is very different than just being a regular person living in a little house and driving a crappy car. It's almost like the ultimate status symbol, that he's soooooo rich, he doesn't even care. It's like he knows he can crush anyone if he competes with them for riches, so why bother? Plus he never has to worry about his financial security. Even if that house burns down and the car falls apart, he can buy 10 new ones in a heartbeat, and most people just never get that peace of mind.

Laffertron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I can see that, but being a billionaire and living in a little house and driving a crappy car is very different than just being a regular person living in a little house and driving a crappy car.

It's almost like the ultimate status symbol, that he's soooooo rich, he doesn't even care. It's like he knows he can crush anyone if he competes with them for riches, so why bother? Plus he never has to worry about his financial security. Even if that house burns down and the car falls apart, he can buy 10 new ones in a heartbeat, and most people just never get that peace of mind.

I'm not sure why you are so obsessed with the external successes of others. Maybe if you focused on your own development you wouldn't feel the weight of this anxiety. Everyone has their own problems, no need to spend your life worrying about how you measure up to a game someone else is playing on their own terms.

Also, you're 26, just like me, and I am deeply embarrassed for you to hold such a juvenile view of the world at your (our) age. Grow up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads