1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Facial care products

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by stevent, Jun 13, 2011.

1. French Dude

French Dude Well-Known Member

I use Nickel products.

2. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I don't put on sunscreen much at the moment but have been trying to do it more. Do you think the moisturizers with sunscreen are good enough? Or should I use a stronger sunscreen?

3. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

As long as it's SPF 30 or more it doesn't matter

4. Prince

Prince Well-Known Member

Get Shisheido, all of it. Best brand in that price range imo and I've pretty much tried all of them (Clarins, Clinique, Lancome, Biotherm). Shisheido for Men feels natural and soft on the skin. Like you, I have dry skin too and the Moisturizing Emulsion is really excellent. Also you could get the Cleansing Foam and the Hydrating Lotion. Good stuff.

5. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the info.

6. Mimosa

Mimosa Well-Known Member

I like Shiseido as well, but one down side is that the moisturizer doesn't seem to have any sun protection. The cleansing foam is like washing your face with puffy clouds.

What do people think of Biotherm?

M

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

This as my daily: http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Moisture-Lotion-Light-Combination/dp/B000NURWEO

This for night: http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/two-percent-beta-hydroxy-acid-liquid/bha-aha-exfoliants

If I do not use the daily, I notice breakouts--always moisturize the face in the morning after rinse, prevents dirt build up imo. Only downside to this is I wish it was SPF 30+. The moisturizer acts as a 'defensive mask' throughout the day. The night is more preventive, though I am trying to find something else atm.

Been using the Paula's Choice for a long time now, I want to say 4+ years...the daily lotion 1+ year (switched from older one, Aveeno had higher SPF I think but felt too oily/heavy)

Happy to say I finally found something that works for me after so long. Also, for those thinking about breakouts, diet plays an important role in skincare too...I noticed after I cut out dairy completely, I get no more breakouts/large or small zits etc. I am lactose anyways so it all works out.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. Elusive

Elusive Well-Known Member

Labs series for men

9. insomb

insomb Well-Known Member

big + on the nancy boy ultramarine, works sooooo well. also helps if you mask once a week and shave with a decent cream. truefitt & hill anything is pretty nice, better than labs series, although i used to use lab series, it has something in it that really makes your face feel great, kind of tingly, now i kind of miss that weird feeling. okay later.

10. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter Well-Known Member

Bio Therm and Shisheido products are just average in terms of product performance....no different that going to your local Walgreens or CVS and buying stuff there.

My suggestion is either you buy the stuff at your CVS (ie. Neutrogena products) or you go very high end to get stuff that really works but is more expensive (ie. Twinluxe or Truefitt & Hill products)

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I try to keep it simple, and also watch what I eat. I cut out dairy and soy milk as well (drink rice milk). Anything that may contain hormones as does milk/soy will cause break outs/red spots.

Shaving:
    Gellitte ProGlide
    Jack Black 'Supreme' Cream Triple Cushion Shave Lather

Morning after rinse face (lukewarm, no towels (too harsh)), lotion up EVERYDAY:
    Olay Beauty Fluid SPF 15
    Too lazy to find an alternative but this has been working great. Would like it to have higher SPF and less oily throughout day, otherwise +++++

Shower, bust out your facial cleanser:
    Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub
    Use this daily, not harsh on skin. You may want to try it every other day at the beginning to let your skin get use to it. Very refreshing, just a small dab; I like to use like a size of a penny.

At night, rinse face again (lukewarm water), floss your teeth!, apply this after 10min or so:
    Paula's Choice Exfoliating 2% BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) Liquid

Clear skin everyday! No more worrying about waking up with a surprise. I can finally wake up, wash up, get dressed, fix hair and run out the door. FYI, my skin is SUPER sensitive...I'll get small rashes if there is slightest thing on my skin/red spots that will itch. I have been following this 'routine' 3+ years and it has been working. Again, nothing too complicated...

Anyone use a brow wax that they can recommend?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  12. PootyTang

PootyTang Active Member

I am looking for recommendations for a new daily face wash. I have larger pores on my nose that I have to deal with. I was thinking something with glycolic acid or beta hydroxy. Is this the right line of thinking to minimize the look of large pores? And can anyone recommend me a face wash that has these and is easily found in a CVS? Thanks, friends.

13. PootyTang

PootyTang Active Member

I am looking for recommendations for a new daily face wash. I have larger pores on my nose that I have to deal with. I was thinking something with glycolic acid or beta hydroxy. Is this the right line of thinking to minimize the look of large pores? And can anyone recommend me a face wash that has these and is easily found in a CVS? Thanks, friends.

14. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Just use Cetaphil for cleansing and Witch Hazel to help shrink the pores.

15. PootyTang

PootyTang Active Member

I have considered witch hazel, but it seems too close to alcohol for my liking. I feel like it may strip my skin of all oils completely.

16. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

MenScience is great stuff!!

17. Chace

Chace Active Member

You can get a giant container of Cetaphil from Costco for less than $20 and it will last months.