1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Maharlika, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I deactivated my account a few weeks ago. I've survived. People are actually sending me e-mails again.

On the downside, you can still Google me. Eff.

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

i quit for the third (and final?) time today

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

What'd you write for the "Reason For Leaving" space?

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

previously i wrote "i don't feel safe"
    but this time i wrote "spend too much time on FB" because it doesn't ask you a follow-up question

5. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I happily removed annoying people from my facebook page today (they say those being ditched don't get notified, I wish they did), what a relief.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I happily removed annoying people from my facebook page today (they say those being ditched don't get notified, I wish they did), what a relief.

Oh I got a message. Thanx a bunch! [​IMG]

7. visionology

visionology Senior member

I have no problem with facebook. My friends kept bugging me to join and I've found a number of old classmates and friends who had moved away when we were children and before we all had phones and computers. Great tool.

I don't spend more than 15 minutes on it every day or so, so I'm not sure what the big deal everyone says in regards to it being a time suck. Everything is as big a time suck as you make it.

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

by the way, there are all kinds of ways to make facebook very private and prevent it from showing your info to google and all that.

it all actually works pretty well.

9. binge

binge Senior member

I registered, but have never used it. Apparently I have a few friends, but I don't know who they are, and have no idea how they found me.

I saw someone named "Matthew X" posted on LabelKing's Facebook page with respect to Mrs. Obama's inaugural outfit something along the lines of, "I'd rather put my cigarette out on my ass than let me wife wear that." I thought for sure it was you.

10. junthin

junthin Well-Known Member

A "yay" for facebook. Just becareful as other posters have said about what you post in case of future/current employers and the google factor. Facebook does have some good privacy control settings, so you can techically lock it up tight, where no one sees anything, but you still get the benefits of connecting with people you've lost touch with. [​IMG]

11. Astan

Astan Senior member

im sort of tired of the whole social networking idea. yeah it was novel 7 years ago but now its just sad. when your aunt and grandma starting trying to add you as their friend theres something wrong with the world.

12. MLIW

MLIW Senior member

A "yay" for facebook. Just becareful as other posters have said about what you post in case of future/current employers and the google factor. Facebook does have some good privacy control settings, so you can techically lock it up tight, where no one sees anything, but you still get the benefits of connecting with people you've lost touch with. [​IMG]

Some Companies use it to find out extra stuff about you!

13. suited

suited Senior member

Some Companies use it to find out extra stuff about you!

no way!

14. nootje

nootje Senior member

15. romafan

romafan Senior member

i've got several friends now but can't seem to find anybody...

16. Vanos

Vanos Member

It has its uses.

17. blanco

blanco Member

I'm using it and I don't mind it. Nothing to be seen in my profile that can cause chaos or scandal anyway.

18. robbie

robbie Senior member

I like it better than myspace, but its a total waste of time.

19. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Also, don't forget: facebook = never having to look too far for a random hookup again..

20. Mr T

Mr T Senior member

I joined awhile ago and waited anxiously for people to add me to their friend list. After a few weeks when that didn't happen I got embarrassed and had to make up fake profiles to add to my friend list - you know just to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately my made up profiles have now started pissing myself off and I am unfriending myself one by one.