1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook places makes me want to shoot myself in the temple

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, Aug 25, 2010.

1. AGPi

AGPi Senior member

I have about 100 people hidden, and have about 130 friends. What facebook taught me is that I need new friends, and don't need facebook.

2. darnelled

darnelled Senior member

It's been pretty useful for me to keep up with people I may never see or hear from otherwise. I have moved and pretty much started over with a new social group every 4-5 years and enjoy keeping up with most of them (others are blocked or their friend requests are declined).

3. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

I don't think a person could have a better utility to give keen insight into the alienating malaise that is modern living more perfectly than facebook. Facebook seems to be composed of bored, exhausted, and lonely people who would rather cryptically allude to their loneliness, or in some cases neurosis, then actually go to a bar and just talk to someone.