• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Facebook places makes me want to shoot myself in the temple

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus, the inane facebook updates have multiplied x 20. I don't give a shit where you are eating a sandwich, you foodie prost. I don't care that the A/C is too cold in your classroom at Harvard Business School, you attention-seeking carcass!!!

In general facebook has become almost as obnoxious as Twitter, without the filtering ability. Need to find a way to limit updates I see to new photo albums by hot girls.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't seen them yet but you can disable being tagged through your account options.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I haven't seen them yet but you can disable being tagged through your account options.

I'm not worrying about being tagged (who gives a shit - people think they are so important that someone actually cares where they are or are not). I'm worried about my brain being atrophied by inane updates any more than it already is. I'm dumb enough as is...can't afford to lose more brain cells.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I'm not worrying about being tagged (who gives a shit - people think they are so important that someone actually cares where they are or are not). I'm worried about my brain being atrophied by inane updates any more than it already is. I'm dumb enough as is...can't afford to lose more brain cells.

You gotta go on a Hiding spree. I have 40-50 people hidden from my feed and I couldn't be happier.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
You gotta go on a Hiding spree. I have 40-50 people hidden from my feed and I couldn't be happier.

Hmm, I'm going to have to seriously consider this.

darnelled

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Need to find a way to limit updates I see to new photo albums by hot girls.

Amen brother. Let me know when/if you figure this one out.

Idiotic FB stuff (Farmville, etc.) just shows me how many of my friends must lead quite boring lives.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I totally know what you're talking about. As I sit here, sunshine pouring in the window of the international terminal at SFO, about to board my flight for Hong Kong, I'm browsing thru the news feed on my iPhone thinking "WTF, brosephs?"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
Amen brother. Let me know when/if you figure this one out.

Idiotic FB stuff (Farmville, etc.) just shows me how many of my friends must lead quite boring lives.

heh, the page of one of my long-ago exes is almost strictly bejeweled and some word game. Schdenfreude at its very, very finest.

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I totally know what you're talking about. As I sit here, sunshine pouring in the window of the international terminal at SFO, about to board my flight for Hong Kong, I'm browsing thru the news feed on my iPhone thinking "WTF, brosephs?"

Don't forget to use Instapaper to bookmark pages for reading later on the flight in your first class cabin luxo seat.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While I share Metro's annoyance, I've decided to make lemonade from this particularl batch of lemons. Places, et. al. are really useful tools for avoiding all of the narcissistic douches who have befriended me on Facebook.

"Ah, Brah D. Douche is at Hot Kroger. I guess I'll hit the one on the west side of town."

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone just Facebook Placed themselves at a gas station.

That person is now forever hidden from my feed.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can also block apps - I finally blocked Foursquare when a couple of hipster friends started using it to tag every fucking Brooklyn bar they go to.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people who StILL use facebook are generally the underclass. You've basically signed up to be a whore for adv. companies in exchange for a free service.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.