Facebook places makes me want to shoot myself in the temple

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, Aug 25, 2010.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Jesus, the inane facebook updates have multiplied x 20. I don't give a shit where you are eating a sandwich, you foodie prost. I don't care that the A/C is too cold in your classroom at Harvard Business School, you attention-seeking carcass!!!

In general facebook has become almost as obnoxious as Twitter, without the filtering ability. Need to find a way to limit updates I see to new photo albums by hot girls.

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I haven't seen them yet but you can disable being tagged through your account options.

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I haven't seen them yet but you can disable being tagged through your account options.

I'm not worrying about being tagged (who gives a shit - people think they are so important that someone actually cares where they are or are not). I'm worried about my brain being atrophied by inane updates any more than it already is. I'm dumb enough as is...can't afford to lose more brain cells.

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I'm not worrying about being tagged (who gives a shit - people think they are so important that someone actually cares where they are or are not). I'm worried about my brain being atrophied by inane updates any more than it already is. I'm dumb enough as is...can't afford to lose more brain cells.

You gotta go on a Hiding spree. I have 40-50 people hidden from my feed and I couldn't be happier.

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

yeah, hide the fucks who do this.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

You gotta go on a Hiding spree. I have 40-50 people hidden from my feed and I couldn't be happier.

Hmm, I'm going to have to seriously consider this.

7. darnelled

darnelled Senior member

Need to find a way to limit updates I see to new photo albums by hot girls.

Amen brother. Let me know when/if you figure this one out.

Idiotic FB stuff (Farmville, etc.) just shows me how many of my friends must lead quite boring lives.

8. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I totally know what you're talking about. As I sit here, sunshine pouring in the window of the international terminal at SFO, about to board my flight for Hong Kong, I'm browsing thru the news feed on my iPhone thinking "WTF, brosephs?"

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Amen brother. Let me know when/if you figure this one out.

Idiotic FB stuff (Farmville, etc.) just shows me how many of my friends must lead quite boring lives.

heh, the page of one of my long-ago exes is almost strictly bejeweled and some word game. Schdenfreude at its very, very finest.

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I totally know what you're talking about. As I sit here, sunshine pouring in the window of the international terminal at SFO, about to board my flight for Hong Kong, I'm browsing thru the news feed on my iPhone thinking "WTF, brosephs?"

Don't forget to use Instapaper to bookmark pages for reading later on the flight in your first class cabin luxo seat.

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

While I share Metro's annoyance, I've decided to make lemonade from this particularl batch of lemons. Places, et. al. are really useful tools for avoiding all of the narcissistic douches who have befriended me on Facebook.

"Ah, Brah D. Douche is at Hot Kroger. I guess I'll hit the one on the west side of town."

12. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Someone just Facebook Placed themselves at a gas station.

That person is now forever hidden from my feed.

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

14. milosz

milosz Senior member

You can also block apps - I finally blocked Foursquare when a couple of hipster friends started using it to tag every fucking Brooklyn bar they go to.

15. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

people who StILL use facebook are generally the underclass. You've basically signed up to be a whore for adv. companies in exchange for a free service.