• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Face moisturizer

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up until recently I have used Polo Face Fitness. My supply has run out, and due to the oilliness of the lotion, I don't intend on replacing it. What other brands have you found sucess with? I also use Aramis Surface Skin Optimizing Cream, but it isn't really an everyday moisturizer with SPF. How bout Lab Series, Kiehls, ect...
confused.gif

pstoller

Reaction score
I use Neutrogena Moisture SPF 15, with which I've been very happy. I've used Kiehl's in the past, but it's richer (which I don't need) and more expensive (which I also don't need).

DallasBoy

Reaction score
I have slightly oily skin and use Kiehl's Sodium PCA Oil-Free Moisturizer. I've used many brands and am happiest with this one.

thc

Reaction score
What kind of skin do you have? I have slightly oily skin, so I only use very light moisturizers, if I use one at all. Contrary to what the industry will have you believe, not everyone needs a moisturizer. If your skin produces enough natural oils, there's no sense in adding more oil to your face. For me, in the summer, usually if I put sunscreen on, that's enough. I use sunscreen made by M.D. Forte because it's the lightest sunscreen i've been able to find and absorbs well into your skin. For sunscreen, make sure to get a sunscreen with either titanium or zinc dioxide, which are the active ingredients that block harmful UV rays (none of Kiehl's sunscreens have these ingredients.)

I've used pretty much every brand out there, and my favorite moisturizer is one made by Molton Brown called the Instant Matte moisturizer. It's very light and doesn't leave your face shiny. Kiehl's makes good ones too, and the classic ultra facial moisturizer is good. I like the Molton Brown one though better because it has a more pleasant smell.

Another brand to look at is Peter Thomas Roth. The oil-free moisturizer is good.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Skincare is a favorite topic of mine.

feltva

Reaction score
I would suggest using products from The Body Shop. Good quality stuff. There is a slant towards organic materials and it's not as heavy on the use of chemicals and perfume as most cologne related lines are. www.bodyshop.com The recently introduced a heavy-duty moisture cream called "hemp butter". It is great stuff if you have dry skin or even if you have been out in the sun for awhile. (FYI: there is also no animal testing with their products and it's a respectable corporation - read more about them on their site)

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't use the labs series moisturizer. I went shopping looking for Kiehl's and came back with Labs stuff cause I couldn't find Kiehl's. The cleanser and the facial scrub are nice but I don't like the moisturizer with SPF. It's got a chemical smell that I notice all day and my face feels too oily on the places I apply it. I already have oily skin so I've stopped using it except on days after I go tanning.

I was told of a palce that sells Kiehl's here so that's what I'm gonna use next when this stuff runs out. They make different products for different skin types so the chances that it would work as desired would seem better.

bpsmith22

Reaction score
Clinique M lotion is a great face moisturizer for men...You can find it at any Clinique counter...I buy mine at Saks Fith Avenue

Joe G

Reaction score
All I use is a moisturising body wash from Nivea in the shower, and it works very well. Also, since I can buy it at CVS, it costs a bunch less than something one would get from Neimans...

Peace,

JG

beltwayblue

Reaction score
Kiehls is great and they have been around a long time. Malin and Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer is some quality stuff, too.

DBowers

Reaction score
I just use face moisturizers from Olay and Neutrogena.

You may want to read SCforM, it's a mens skincare blog that I've recently found and liked.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nivea Q10 is great.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bpsmith22
Clinique M lotion is a great face moisturizer for men...
This is good, but expensive.

nakokoro

Reaction score
For oily skin, Body Shop's seaweed mattifying cream keeps my skin from getting too oily. Has been working well to prevent acne.

signal

Reaction score
I use Zirh Protect, I have combination skin and it seems to work ok, I may try the kiels stuff next time just to have something to compare it to.

The product from Zirh I am really fond of us the Clean which is their face cleanser, smells great and really seems to do a good job of cleaning.

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score
I've been using Kiehl's for, well, longer than I will admit to. Today is my 55th birthday. My skin looks great. Now if they only had color for my hair
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads