• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Face mask but make it fashion: the face mask thread

js0930

Reaction score
With the new cdc guidelines, everyone should be wearing a face mask in public. And this is styleforum, so it seems like we should have a thread on all the latest options: the face masks/bandannas/whatever we are wearing to protect ourselves/those around us from the pandemic.

Selfies, links, anything protective gear related is welcome. I’ll admit I already bought 2 Kapital bandannas courtesy of Canoe Club and I’m wearing a random bandanna in the picture below.

8DD79B09-2A5E-483F-8B8C-425F521336E9.jpeg

KWStyle

Reaction score
I just ordered this from a menswear company my clients like and it's reusable and I can replace the filter. Photo is from their website, I should have mine tomorrow. I was sent a discount code and it looks shareable, so try "25off" at mask.vastrm.com.
sideshot2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: RSS

marvin4653

Reaction score
Shocked this thread doesn't have more activity. I've tried a few so far and have a few more on the way.

Ari Jogiel
Easily the most comfortable fabric (the "gauze" texture is great), but the fit is so-so (feels a bit constraining, even with the straps loosened), and I think I prefer masks that loop around the ear rather than strap across the back of the head.

Winsome
These look great and fit well, but the fabric is pretty dense, to the point of being a bit constraining to breathe/talk through (maybe that's the point? / it's cold in Minneapolis?)

Rag & Bone
My favorite so far. Great fit, lower profile while still providing full coverage, and solid patterns (just have to deal with that pesky Rag & Bone tag they insist on putting on everything).

Still to come (whenever they arrive):

Vida

Jaanuu

TakeCare Supply

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the new cdc guidelines, everyone should be wearing a face mask in public. And this is styleforum, so it seems like we should have a thread on all the latest options: the face masks/bandannas/whatever we are wearing to protect ourselves/those around us from the pandemic.

Selfies, links, anything protective gear related is welcome. I’ll admit I already bought 2 Kapital bandannas courtesy of Canoe Club and I’m wearing a random bandanna in the picture below.

View attachment 1367294
“Random bandanna”?
Looks like Ashanti kente pattern.
You know there’s currently a Friday Challenge going on, the theme of which is face masks?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
“Random bandanna”?
Looks like Ashanti kente pattern.
You know there’s currently a Friday Challenge going on, the theme of which is face masks?
Not the same topic than here !
The friday challenge is... a challenge, not a place to discuss masks and review options.
And bandanas/foulards are not allowed in the Challenge BTW.

Entries still welcome, if you follow the rules :

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, if COVID-19 is going to be with us for a while, we might as well approach this right. At first I had the standard N-95 sold by my local hardware store ... in white. Next I found a black one ... looking much like what Biden wore on Memorial Day. I'm ready for something better. I like that blue gingham check above.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.