• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facconable

Minkous

Reaction score
I know we have all probably come across this brand before when browsing through Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack. I know first hand that It is a brand that alot of people just pass right by, but today I plunged right into the midst of the brand and began trying on select peices. Surprisingly I found they have some really qualitiy peices that I liked enough to buy.... but thats besides the point "What do you think of Nordstrom's house brand, FACCONABLE, and what experience have you had with it?"

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Faconnable goods are quite high quality, as a general matter, but rather on the pricey side at full retail. I am wearing a pair of Faconnable chukka boots I bought at a Nordstrom's sale about eight years ago--excellent footgear that compares quite favorably to my A-Es. They are much better than some more recent suede chukkas from Faconnable that are (or were) not very expensive ($150 at full retail). I believe that merchandize bearing the Faconnable name comes from an assortment of vendors, and, as in any such situation, quality of individual items may vary accordingly. I also have a couple of Faconnable ties that I bought on sale a bit over a year ago. They are good ties but not among my top favorites.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Facconable's made In Italy dress shoes (retail of $450 or so), can compete against any shoes in the 400-600 price range. Don't know who the maker is. Their Made In Italy jackets and suits are made by Cantarelli and are obviously quality goods. Their pants are alternately made by Incotex, Cantarelli and are nice. They have lower quality goods but if you look at the labels and construction and fit, you can find some very nice pieces.

Minkous

Reaction score
I picked up my first pair of Facconable dress pants today with an open hem (i'll take up myself) for $19.00 USD (orig. 190) and i find they may end up being my new favorite, fit me perfectly so far and impeccable fabric used

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Nordstorm's sold the Facconable line to another company?? I don't think they manufacture it any more.

Again, if I remember correctly, Nordstrom's made Facconable and they are/were a vertically integrated company (afa manufacturing their own lines) which I believe makes for better quality.

I always liked their stuff and it always seemed to be pretty good quality (albeit slightly conservative).

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Facconable has its own stores, I don't think it is their "house brand." Don't they have like some J.M. Nordstrom brand of shirts and stuff now?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
If I remember correctly, Nordstorm's sold the Facconable line to another company?? I don't think they manufacture it any more.

Again, if I remember correctly, Nordstrom's made Facconable and they are/were a vertically integrated company (afa manufacturing their own lines) which I believe makes for better quality.

I always liked their stuff and it always seemed to be pretty good quality (albeit slightly conservative).

Facconable was a brand in France licensed to Nordstrom for exclusive US distribution. Nordstrom ended up buying the entire company sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's. They always used a variety of venders to manufacture their clothing and accessories.

I appreciate that the line has always injected some fun colors and patterns into a pretty conservative look. My own problem has been the fit. I love the detail of the shirts but most are too full for me. Most shirts and jackets seem to be cut for the fuller figure. But, maybe that is changing or will change now to reflect more contemporary tastes? I would start buying it again if that happened.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you check on the Nordstrom annual report it shows they lease or own the buildings for 4 US Facconable stores and 36 International. So, the Facconable brand appears to still be owned by Nordstrom.

Avvocot

Reaction score
Gentlemen I have worn their clothes for many years. I always considered the line primarily a casual, albeit high end, line. Initially it was a shirt manufacturer. Suits came later. Many of their shirts are cut full which of course appeals to big guys like me. The secret to know is that they have always cut in many form factors even though they do not promote that. They have a slim cut and multiple longs. The problem I usually have is selection at the local Nordstrom. The Facconable store in New York is something to behold. One thing about their product - it's extremely durable. I have some of their dress sport shirts that are 8 and 10 years old and they look as good as the day I bought them.
One other note: their ladies line is superb. Beautiful lined wool slacks the equal of Max Mara and dress shirts with fits as good as Pink and better than Brooks Brothers at a similar price point.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I believe Nordstrom's recently sold Facconable.

Facconable's quality is decent but not worth the full retail price.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Facconable's made In Italy dress shoes (retail of $450 or so), can compete against any shoes in the 400-600 price range. Don't know who the maker is.

This is a pair of Faconnable shoes that I picked up at the Rack for less than $70. I'm not sure I would have paid over $400 for them, in fact I doubt this particular pair was as they have Vibram soles, but they are a very good quality shoe and one that has become one of my favorites.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just about to post a new thread about Facconable.

I just bought a 3/2 Chocolate Brown Plaid Silk/Wool/Linen Canterelli made jacket - 1295 retail - for abut 200 bucks today at the Rack. Really nice stuff, on par with my Purple Label...well, almost.

At a lot off of retail - read: really cheap - it is worth it. Good fit too. No that I have gone a little more trad-ish, I am going to peep them more.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
This is a pair of Faconnable shoes that I picked up at the Rack for less than $70. I'm not sure I would have paid over $400 for them, in fact I doubt this particular pair was as they have Vibram soles, but they are a very good quality shoe and one that has become one of my favorites.

I have the same shoes in black. I like them, I don't know if it would pay $400 for them either, but I don't really judge quality that well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads