• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facconable quality?

RLPL Junkie

Reaction score
Found a nice navy, 2 button, double vented, fully canvassed suit at Facconable on 5th ave for $990.... quality wise, is it worth it? It fit well (not as well as the Zegna 2 button fit at saks, but I can't afford $2200)

Even though this is an interview suit for an internship, i'd like to get something that I will year for years to come rather than a brooks brothers sack.

thanks all

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on who made it for Facconable.
Some of their suits are very nice and made by Canterelli, others are made in Canada and are cardboard like.
If the suit fits well and you like it, then it was a good buy.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Facconable is a great brand.

they recently came out with a new line, i forgot what it was called but it is a top-of-the-line offering.

the new boutique at the south coast plaza carries it and it is a small selection of blazers, pants, shawl collar cable knit cardigans, etc.

the cable knit cardigan is tremendous. as well as this broad chalkstripe grey pant they had that i thought was made of cashmere but it is a very luxurious wool.

looked to be designed by someone premier, i thought maybe thome browne as it goes by sizing in 2,3,4 etc, and the aesthetic (sort of ) resembles it, but they think (they are not sure) it is done by a partner of karl lagerfeld(?)

go check it out, it is very nice. very good aesthetic.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a Faconnable by Canterelli and it is fantastic.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I was at the Facconable store in NYC, I asked the salesperson who made their top of line stuff. It's Cantarelli. On sale, the price point is not bad.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to wear Faconnable stuff 20 years ago and the garnments nicely made and of good quality...
I haven't bought anything since .

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen many Faconnable items that looked very nice and seemed to be of high quality. However, I've never owned any items from the brand.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Depends on who made it for Facconable.
Some of their suits are very nice and made by Canterelli, others are made in Canada and are cardboard like.
If the suit fits well and you like it, then it was a good buy.

Just for the record, if that is true, then Facconable is to blame, not Canada.
smile.gif

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the suits, and they used to make some decent shoes, not sure if they still do. Don't really buy their shirts and other stuff though.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets not forget about their Breuer made ties
devil.gif

And some of their shoes were at one point done by AE.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Faconnable was sold by Nordstrom a couple of years ago to a Lebanese investment group called M1. They are planning to roll out new retail stores since their deal to sell to Nordstrom will expire soon and the line did not perform well for Nordstrom. I'm not sure where they will be making the new stuff but expect a lot of changes from the Faconnable you used to see at Nordstrom.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
I wish their shirts did not have Facconable sewn on the pocket...other than that I like their stuff...the quality is pretty decent...I do not know anything about their suits though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics