• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fabrics similar to LP storm system?

deaddog

Reaction score
I have a LP Storm system horsey which is excellent. How would you guys compare the other treated materials - such as the Zegna Elements or the Isaia Aquaspider(?)? Any experience with either of them?
thanks

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
'These natural fibres undergo the Storm System treatment where a very fine and lightweight micro-molecular protective membrane that is waterproof and wind resistant, but completely breathable is applied to the reverse of the fabric.'

A variation of a Goretex type laminated lining by another name, adhered in a similar manner as the dreaded fused-front suit jacket, tarted up with expensive LP shell fabrics. Hope one has not been found offensive.

I've an Italian made Hickey-Freeman windbreaker constructed of LP Storm System linen shell fabric (has the LPSS label and included the hang tag booklet, etc.). It has the advantage of a fishnet lining which affords examination of the vaunted Storm System. Not much to it. 'Storm System' is basically a proprietary name for a relatively common high-tech process. The others would be similar.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think Zegna and Isaia's water resistant fabrics are made from cashmere, but rather wool.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
I could be wrong but I don't think Zegna and Isaia's water resistant fabrics are made from cashmere, but rather wool.

I don't think anyone else did either. However you might find myself offensive.

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks - anybody ever felt a zegna elements wool - does it feel stiff or treated in any way?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980

These membrane technologies, the fabric doesn't matter. You can make Gore-Tex denim, cotton, wool, etc., just apply the membrane to the back. I'm sure Loro P is the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads