1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fabric Quality: H. Lesser and Thomas Fisher?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GradSchooler, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but can anyone comment on wrinkle resistance of lessers tropical 8/9oz? Does it compare to minnis or smiths frescos?

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Not even close - its a standard worsted (albeit a well woven one) that creases as such.

3. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

I think I should stop trying to get around buying a fresco and just buy a fresco

4. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Some more comments on Thomas Fisher fabric in this thread would be appreciated.

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Everything I've heard about the Royal Classics and English Classics collections indicates that it's sturdy, non-fancy stuff at a great price.

6. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

7. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I believe that Royal Classics may (sadly) be discontinued.

TF / Dugdales books I like: English Classics, Super 100s, Mohair, Formal
    All the other, newer, shinier stuff is pretty pedestrian. Magdale tweeds are supposedly made by Johnston's, so those may very well be good.

8. gegarrenton

gegarrenton Senior member

Or realize that frescos are awful and don't.

I have one Lesser suit, and it's probably my last. I find Smiths to be far superior in worsted. I hope the new owners keep everything as is on that front.

9. Dollarnyc

Dollarnyc New Member

Gents,

Where can i buy this fabric online. I would also like to buy Vitale Barberis Canonico. I can not find a site online that will sell to individuals. Please advise. Thank you.

10. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Dollar. We have a weekly new member thread that would be great for questions like this. Next time you have a quick question, check it out. Here is the link for this week:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/457428/...er-inquiries-quick-questions-classic-menswear

You can skip that stop this time because the guys in this thread will get you an answer pretty quick....they are the fabric gurus.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/56404/unfunded-liabilities-a-k-a-the-cloth-thread/13050#post_7682370

Best of luck!