1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fabric Cost for Shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by InPa, Nov 3, 2004.

1. InPa

InPa Well-Known Member

Anyone with some specifics? I have a local shirtmaker who provides a rather limited selection of lower-grade fabrics and I'm thinking about going out on my own to find some and supply them to her for my shirts.

Any rough pricing would be appreciated for basic solids(medium weight) super 100s, 120s, 140s, 180s, etc. Thomas Mason, Acorn, and other quality swiss and italian cottons that I can be introduced to would be appreciated.

Also - any recommendations on local fabric shops to supply me with these goods that aren't opposed to dealing directly with a consumer instead of a merchant? Also - if they can supply a range of buttons that would be even better.

2. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

New York is the only city that will have fabric stores with a decent selection of shirt fabric. Most Fabric store have very low end shirtting fabrics. Carl www.cego.com

3. InPa

InPa Well-Known Member

Any shops you can recommend? How about pricing - what should I look for as reasonable? Any advice is appreciated.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

There's a decent shop on K Street in DC, around 18th Street, I think. I have not bought from them, so I don't know the prices. They had some interesting stripes and checks.

5. Giona Granata

Giona Granata Senior member

I don't know in USA, here in Milano they start from €25 per meter to €100 and upper. Anyway at 25€ you still have a very good fabric.

6. Shirtmaven

7. InPa

InPa Well-Known Member

I'm just south of Philadelphia currently - shortly moving to the Delaware beach area. I travel frequently throughout the east coast so any recommendations are appreciated.

8. Shirtmaven

You can check out Kinkus Fabrics in South Phila. they are on South 4th street below south street I think. G street fabrics in Chevy chase. LEt me know if you come to NYC. I can always sell you some fabric. Which shirtmaker down there are you going to? Carl www.cego.com