• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fabio Finamore Shirts

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Anyone have information as to the fit of these shirts? How are they compared to Finamore Napoli?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buy one and let us all know?

deaddog

Reaction score
Anybody ever get any info on fit and quality of the Fabio *****?

maj

Reaction score
I bought one from Lance recently, and the quality looked about par with other Finamore shirts I've ordered from him. Can't comment on fit as I didn't try it on. Ended up sending it back because it doesn't have removable collar stays-- something you might want to consider before ordering if that would bother you as much as it does me.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maj
I bought one from Lance recently, and the quality looked about par with other Finamore shirts I've ordered from him. Can't comment on fit as I didn't try it on. Ended up sending it back because it doesn't have removable collar stays-- something you might want to consider before ordering if that would bother you as much as it does me.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out about the collar stays. I was about to buy one of those shirts, but you've saved me from having to return it.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given that the "usual" Finamore shirts are made by Andrea Finamore, I cannot help but wonder whether there is any connection at all between the "usual" Finamore and Fabio Finamore.

I was a bit interested in Lance's stock, too, but I really don't like sewn in collar stays as it removes the opportunity to fiddle around with the stays to get the ideal collar roll...

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been buying shirts without collar stays for softer collar. I like that look.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, maybe I'm being an idiot, but do the Fabio Finamore shirts lack any collar stays or do they have collar stays that are not removable (sewn in).

maj

Reaction score
The one I received had collar stays, but sewn in, so not removable.

windrunner

Reaction score
Bought one from Lance as well, non-removable collar stays begin to look quite noticable if you have your shirts laundered and pressed professionally.

Reads as if Fabio Finamore is a brand of a separate company rather than a diffusion line of Andrea's...

http://www.internationalline.it/en/site_en.swf

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got a white shirt from lance, hopefully it will be good under a suit

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fast shipping from lance. kudos.
but the shirt ... whoah.

non removable collar stay ... ok
single yoke ... in a $300 MSRP shirt?
plastic buttons ... in a 300 MSRP shirt?

i'm not sure if i'll keep the shirt ...

literasyme

Reaction score
Single yoke is normal in high-end Italian RTW shirts. As I understand it, split yokes are a bit of a marketing gimmick in RTW, one the English swear by. Plastic buttons, on the other hand, well... not so impressive. How's the fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads