• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fab 5 clothing advice

Valmont

Reaction score
Just curios what you guys think about the advice that the self proclaimed fashion queer Carson dispenses?

Personally I think he wears the most hideous outfits and would rather die a slow and painful death in one of Saddam's old torture chambers before wearing any ensemble that Carson has put together. He does have some good basic fashion tips but he should keep his Liberace inspired outfits to himself and stop spreading terror around the NYC area, just my opinion...

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, i'm sick as a dog right now i might be delirious, but i've seen the show one time and i thought he did a good job. (could be the nyquil talking) it was the episode where they helped a buff guy with long blonde hair that was into bon jovi. the greek guy that lived with his mother. anyway, i wouldn't wear any of the clothes that were chosen for him but i thought they suited his personality very well and the guy seemed genuinely happy with them. the others guys did well too. they didn't just do whatever they wanted. they chose furniture and music that were really an expression of that guy. i've only seen one episode though, and maybe they mess up with everyone else.

Laxbuddah

Reaction score
I like some of the items he picks out for the "straight Guys". However, I think he should apply a little justice to himself as he indeed appears to be influenced by Liberace (good call Valmont.)

p00d

Reaction score
don't you say anything bad about carson.

well, anyways, the episode i really liked was the one with the VJ, he really pulled off the rock star look really well.

acutlaly, i wish i could do that...hmmmm

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've watched it a couple times (never again though, can't take it anymore) and the episode matador refers to was really the only instance of good taste being applied.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads