• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fa-reaks of nature

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Those things are awful. I was given one to eat at a wedding in HK. I disposed of it after trying it.
frown.gif

Are you sure it wasn't Abalone? That ****'s a delicacy.

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick

At chinese restaurants/supermarkets you can commonly find signs for geoduck... much to the chagrin of pre-pubescent Pokemon fans.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jenaimarr
At chinese restaurants/supermarkets you can commonly find signs for geoduck... much to the chagrin of pre-pubescent Pokemon fans.

Yeah, but the texture/appearance of geoduck is quite similar to abalone.

zupermaus

Reaction score
Those things are awful. I was given one to eat at a wedding in HK. I disposed of it after trying it.
frown.gif

OMG, ur kidding! Thats one of the world's most expensive delicacies, in London it sells at $120 a plate ( I take it we're talking abalone). Or maybe razorshell, far less expensive, but gorgeous.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
frown.gif

you should try the sea cucumber
sea-cucumber1.jpg

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Man, I miss a couple years ago when my Grandpa would go Ab diving up in Sacramento area. We had abalone every Thanksgiving, breaded and fried. It looked nothing like a Geoduck though, that looks like something you'd find in fringe Japanese...adult movies
laugh.gif
Last couple years, the regulations have all but eliminated any diving for them.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Man, I miss a couple years ago when my Grandpa would go Ab diving up in Sacramento area. We had abalone every Thanksgiving, breaded and fried. It looked nothing like a Geoduck though, that looks like something you'd find in fringe Japanese...adult movies
laugh.gif

Last couple years, the regulations have all but eliminated any diving for them.

If whole it doesn't look similar, but when sliced into thin slices they do.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might have been abalone. It was brown and slimy and cut into very thin slices so it definately wasn't breaded and fried. I have already tried sea cucumber. I didn't like that too much either. I don't perticulerly like many of those weird slimy sea slug types of things.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
There is no way that's for real. It looks straight out of a kids TV show!!
Its behaviour is even more bizarre than its look, actually. Look it up.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mmm sea cucumber is delicious. I wonder how many items in this thread is featured in Chinese cuisine...

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im sure you could eat that giant coconut crab and the oar fish. Come to think of a coconut crab sounds great because of how huge it is.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Im sure you could eat that giant coconut crab and the oar fish. Come to think of a coconut crab sounds great because of how huge it is.

Coconut crabs are edible, and is quite expensive. Though I've never seen one that big. I haven't tasted it myself but the acidicwife claims that the meat is sweeter than your regular crab.

zupermaus

Reaction score

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was designed by HR Giger.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads