Fa-reaks of nature

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zupermaus, Apr 25, 2008.

1. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

twat [​IMG]
    Which one? [​IMG]

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

The famous platypus:

[​IMG]

The Platypus is also the world's only poisonous mammal.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

The Platypus is also the world's only poisonous mammal.

The male has a pair of venom spurs on their hind limbs though I believe there are some other mammals which also deliver venom.

Someone once remarked that God must have a sense of humor to have ever created the Platypus.

4. Dandy Highwayman

Dandy Highwayman Well-Known Member

Indri, the worlds largest lemur, almost human sized:

[​IMG]

Looks like someone got goatse'd.

5. Canberraman

Canberraman Well-Known Member

I once attended a first aid course taught by an ex Australian army medic. He told me that he had been shot twice while in the army. He then continued, saying that the pain from those experiences paled into insignificance when compared with what it felt like when his leg was brushed by a mere inch long piece of a box jellyfish tentacle.

6. zupermaus

zupermaus Senior member

the only animal able to walk on water:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Basically its tail acts as a counterweight as it bicycles along. The design of its feet trap balls of air for a split second.

7. zupermaus

zupermaus Senior member

this really gives me the itches. Th Pipa toad from Surinam After fertilizing daddy pipa picks up eggs after and spreads them out on mums back. They slowly sink into her supple skin and voila a few days later her back rips open in about 40-80 places and out swim tadpoles. [​IMG] jar specimen: [​IMG] Pipa toad giving birth
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. frogs legs anyone?

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Thisll get the taste buds flowing.
    Apparently every year swimmers in Huadu's Furong reservoir would go missing, presumed drowned. One major case was a brother of a local official who disappeared with a friend out on the lake.

However they did catch this one day, by all accounts it appears to be a 3m long juvenile Whale Shark 鲸鲨; no one knows how it got into a freshwater landlocked reservoir:

I'm gonna call bullshit on this.

Whale sharks do not have teeth or mouth muscles capable of chewing up a man enough to fit in its stomach. They don't chew at all. A fully grown whale shark's teeth are flat, dull, and about 6mm in size. They are filter feeders and live off plankton, algae, krill, and small fish, squid, and invertebrates. Though a full grown adult's mouth may be 1.5 meters wide at the opening, its esophagus isn't large enough to accommodate anything nearly the size of a man. Divers have supposedly and accidentally been sucked into a whale shark's mouth before (a school of small fish gets in between you and the shark, or swims around you trying to hide. All reports say that the shark will spit anything the size of a human out without injury. To the person, at least. It might have injured the shark to have something flailing around in its soft pallet.

Some sharks can, however, transition easily from salt to fresh water. Bull sharks (a very dangerous, man eating type of shark) have been known to swim FAR upriver and attack humans and livestock) some sharks are hardier than others. The Whale Shark is not known to be one of them. They will die rapidly from shock in fresh water. As in, a couple of minutes.

Blaming a JUVENILE Whale Shark for eating a person in a freshwater resevoir!?! Ridiculous.

The pictures are probably not taken anywhere inland. They are likely taken near the ocean somewhere, and the fishermen probably just caught the whale shark and slaughtered it for food, seeing as the pictures show them cutting up MUSCLE tissue into steak sized bits, not opening the fish's stomach. Maybe someone say there was a tourist taking photos or something and got worried that there would be some sort of backlash, so they fabricated a completely unbelievable story to try and justify why they'd kill such a beautiful fish. A fish story, if you will... There is a huge market for Whale Shark meat, you know.

Makes me sad. Whale Sharks are awesome.

9. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

[​IMG]

A 2 headed snake. I am always interested in weird creatures.

10. zupermaus

zupermaus Senior member

[​IMG]

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

Pipa toad giving birth

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. [​IMG]

Wow, sounded like Richard Simmons was quite amazed at the birthing.

12. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

[​IMG] If we start getting into birth defects, the list is far too long. Things that are always crazy are more interesting.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^^^ oh, please remove those. i dont think its right to put these babies' pics on a thread with this title.

14. hplindley

hplindley Member

Wow. Thanks for sharing. The world still has some strange creatures.

15. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

the proboscis monkey?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sexy!

Howdoyoudo! This guy looks just like that comedian from the 30's that sometimes shows up in the old cartoons!