• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F*** you Bank Of America, F*** you Paypal

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for any paypal purchase using a bank transfer, you can basically sign an affidavit to get your money back no matter what on pretty much any transaction that involves the electronic bank transfer. this works with bank of america, idk about any other bank.

they will not even investigate the claim (only if you used your cc or dc), they will just fax you papers at a local bank, you sign and fax them back. with in 10 days the money is back in your account no matter what. they just put your money back and bill paypal whatever amount.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rxcats
I started wondering the same thing after my experience. I worry everytime I use my credit or debit card online. Even though BofA was good about reversing the charge, it is not an experience I wish to repeat. I thought about buying a Visa "gift card" for online use. At least it has a finite value; if someone tried to charge over it's value, it would decline the charge. I'm sure there is some fee for gift cards, but if it is reasonable, it might be worth it for piece of mind.
I think the Tokyo Slim method is the best way to go.
eh.gif

ghulkhan: Would they know if you're scamming them?
eh.gif

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I think the Tokyo Slim method is the best way to go.
eh.gif

ghulkhan: Would they know if you're scamming them?
eh.gif

i dont know. i bought something on paypal a long time ago and the guy sent me a fedex box with a key chain and catalog on it. the two items i actually bought from his store were not in it. he seemed really nice and offered me to buy the products again at heavily discounted price but i did not want to pay for something i had already paid for. bank of america did not really do an investigation. on the affidavit, there was no options for items not received or anything like that. basically you were saying it was a transaction that you wanted reversed and that was it. apparently you can dot hat with electronic checks. it does not work for real checks, cc, or db in the same way.

so yea, im sure you can scam someone for a lot of money and get away with it.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had my paypal account frozen since Dec. 15th. I bought something on here but was in mexico when I paid for it, so they had me verify..I did that, but they still are "investigating" with nothing I can do. F***ers, hope they hurry up.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
I've had my paypal account frozen since Dec. 15th. I bought something on here but was in mexico when I paid for it, so they had me verify..I did that, but they still are "investigating" with nothing I can do. F***ers, hope they hurry up.
Can't you close it down and reopen that trick?

montyharding

Reaction score
I use different cards for different things and the only time I've been scammed / skimmed is in gas stations and restaurants. I buy quite a lot online but I've never had problems in that regard. The first and last virus/malware I've had was one on the Atari ST, because I actually know what I'm doing. I know it's not 'normal' in the US but I like to pay in cash to save myself the trouble, especially in restaurants.

HatMagnet

Reaction score
Good luck to you. I had the same problem a few months ago, My account was hit for 1100.00 for an auction I'd never bid on involving some junk jewelry from the UK. Paypal flagged it but not before the transfer was made from my BOA account. it took about 10 days to get it cleared up.

Fuggin' bastages.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads