• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eyeing this suit- any feedback?

Reaction score
I came across this listing on a new suit and I know the seller is reputable based on the feedback on various forums. My question is regarding the suit. I need a decent starter navy blue suit with side vents and this seems to fit the bill (and the price). My concern is possibly the button stance- does it look a bit high or is that just me? Though I am 6'3" if that matters- maybe it would be fine on me? Also, does anyone have any experience with this Giorgio Cosani brand? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIORGIO-695-MODE...item53e55c8155

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pass.

No name brand, no-name fabric, cant see it in real life to inspect how well its made/its quality.

Keep searching the buy/sell forums here. You can do MUCHHH better

Gwarg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Pass.

No name brand, no-name fabric, cant see it in real life to inspect how well its made/its quality.

+1

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Pass.

+500000

dv_indian

Reaction score
The seller(Wizardofaahs) has an excellent reputation so it could turn out to be a decent suit for the money. You could contact him and clarify any questions you have.

Wayward

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv_indian
The seller(Wizardofaahs) has an excellent reputation so it could turn out to be a decent suit for the money. You could contact him and clarify any questions you have.

+1

ebmk3891

Reaction score
I just googled 'Giorgio Cosani' and most suits were $150 brand new. Find your measurements and you'd be better finding a used suit on ebay. If you're patient, you can find higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100).

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ebmk3891
I just googled 'Giorgio Cosani' and most suits were $150 brand new. Find your measurements and you'd be better finding a used suit on ebay. If you're patient, you can find higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100).

If you are buying an expensive used suit for say 1/5th of retail it makes sense but why buy a used cheap suit? $150 vs $100 - is it that big of a difference?

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv_indian
If you are buying an expensive used suit for say 1/5th of retail it makes sense but why buy a used cheap suit? $150 vs $100 - is it that big of a difference?

"higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100)"

I never said buying a used cheap suit.

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the feedback. I am going to pass on this one. What about the button stance- is it a bit high and might date this suit one day?

I'm still trying to learn all this stuff so when I pull the trigger on a suit, I want to make sure I do it right...

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MysticalParrot
Thanks to all for the feedback. I am going to pass on this one. What about the button stance- is it a bit high and might date this suit one day?

I'm still trying to learn all this stuff so when I pull the trigger on a suit, I want to make sure I do it right...

Take some time and read this thread then go shopping. It's long but a lot of quality info.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=140387

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ebmk3891
"higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100)"

I never said buying a used cheap suit.

My mistake, sorry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads