• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eyeing this suit- any feedback?

Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I came across this listing on a new suit and I know the seller is reputable based on the feedback on various forums. My question is regarding the suit. I need a decent starter navy blue suit with side vents and this seems to fit the bill (and the price). My concern is possibly the button stance- does it look a bit high or is that just me? Though I am 6'3" if that matters- maybe it would be fine on me? Also, does anyone have any experience with this Giorgio Cosani brand? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIORGIO-695-MODE...item53e55c8155
 

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
7
Pass.

No name brand, no-name fabric, cant see it in real life to inspect how well its made/its quality.

Keep searching the buy/sell forums here. You can do MUCHHH better
 

Gwarg

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
331
Reaction score
57
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Pass.

No name brand, no-name fabric, cant see it in real life to inspect how well its made/its quality.

Keep searching the buy/sell forums here. You can do MUCHHH better


+1
 

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
69,954
Reaction score
32,966
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Pass.

No name brand, no-name fabric, cant see it in real life to inspect how well its made/its quality.

Keep searching the buy/sell forums here. You can do MUCHHH better


+500000
 

dv_indian

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
285
Reaction score
1
The seller(Wizardofaahs) has an excellent reputation so it could turn out to be a decent suit for the money. You could contact him and clarify any questions you have.
 

Wayward

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
317
Reaction score
74
Originally Posted by dv_indian
The seller(Wizardofaahs) has an excellent reputation so it could turn out to be a decent suit for the money. You could contact him and clarify any questions you have.

+1
 

ebmk3891

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
196
Reaction score
1
I just googled 'Giorgio Cosani' and most suits were $150 brand new. Find your measurements and you'd be better finding a used suit on ebay. If you're patient, you can find higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100).
 

dv_indian

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
285
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by ebmk3891
I just googled 'Giorgio Cosani' and most suits were $150 brand new. Find your measurements and you'd be better finding a used suit on ebay. If you're patient, you can find higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100).

If you are buying an expensive used suit for say 1/5th of retail it makes sense but why buy a used cheap suit? $150 vs $100 - is it that big of a difference?
 

ebmk3891

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
196
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by dv_indian
If you are buying an expensive used suit for say 1/5th of retail it makes sense but why buy a used cheap suit? $150 vs $100 - is it that big of a difference?

"higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100)"

I never said buying a used cheap suit.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Thanks to all for the feedback. I am going to pass on this one. What about the button stance- is it a bit high and might date this suit one day?

I'm still trying to learn all this stuff so when I pull the trigger on a suit, I want to make sure I do it right...
 

Larson McCord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
507
Reaction score
15
Originally Posted by MysticalParrot
Thanks to all for the feedback. I am going to pass on this one. What about the button stance- is it a bit high and might date this suit one day?

I'm still trying to learn all this stuff so when I pull the trigger on a suit, I want to make sure I do it right...


Take some time and read this thread then go shopping. It's long but a lot of quality info.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=140387
 

dv_indian

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
285
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by ebmk3891
"higher-end clothing at a bargain (ie less than $100)"

I never said buying a used cheap suit.


My mistake, sorry.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,170
Messages
9,193,570
Members
193,084
Latest member
buoyed

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top