• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eyeglass stores in NYC

soundsgood

Reaction score
I'm looking for some eyeglass stores that have huge selections of higher end glasses in NYC. My main goal is to see everything available without having to walk to a lot of shops -- there seems to be an unending amount of prescription eyeglass companies. Thanks.

mrbowtie

Reaction score
MyOptics carries a nice selection of different brands. Morganthal Frederiks and Oliver Peoples carry their own brands but are great.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I'd bump an old thread to see if there are any other recommendations for eyeglass shops in NYC.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out Selima Optique. Big fan of their frames (RX and Sunglasses)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought my frames in Paris at Selima, same owner. The hot French chick was excited I went around the globe to buy frames at a place that was right in my backyard.

choth21

Reaction score
Robert Marc, Morgenthal Frederics are two high end glasses shops in New York.

Also, nationally (and within New York), there is "Lenscrafters Optique" which carries more expensive, designer, "higher-end" brands than the regular Lenscrafters stores.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
alain mikli

2 locations on Madison Ave

wooj

Reaction score
I second Grand Central Optical. Good selection of higher end, if not highest end, frames. Robert Marc and Morgenthal Frederics each carry a bit broader offering of premium brands, but Grand Central is more affordable and has always been good to work with. Suggest the Madison Avenue store is better than the Grand Central location. Greg is the owner and has always been very fair.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had luck at H Optics. They have a website listing the brands they carry.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. Lots of good options for me to try.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the recommendations. Lots of good options for me to try.

But surely this does not meet your preference "available without having to walk to a lot of shops"!!!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But surely this does not meet your preference "available without having to walk to a lot of shops"!!!

I'll be there for several days, so I don't mind visiting a few shops whose websites have brands that interest me. SF has helped to make my search more efficient.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads