• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread

VinceCompost

Reaction score
Question

The title of this thread contains 3 elements:

1. Extremely advanced
2. Oversized
3. Next level

I think we can take #1 and #3 to be synonyms. So in practice that leaves 2 elements.

So why does the thread largely only contain one of them?

Is oversized the only way to be "advanced" today? What's the "next level" after that?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
glad to see essay get love, theyve been only getting better. past few seasons especially.

the latest toogood lookbook was great, almost a return to form. it's such a bummer that their quality has totally tanked, they were one of my favs

more big from shinya kozuka
View attachment 1507475
View attachment 1507469 View attachment 1507476
View attachment 1507478
View attachment 1507479

and Atha
View attachment 1507481
View attachment 1507482
View attachment 1507480
View attachment 1507483
View attachment 1507484
@the kidcrash love these. also, I love kidcrash, more specifically the elusive record no one else cares about New Ruins

the kidcrash

Reaction score
Here's the thread (warning: CM content)

Here's the vid

that's pretty funny. I've never been big into his content but seems he has fun doing whatever it is he does. that reminds me, I tried something like that w an old pair of 50" waist USN jeans a while ago, it wasn't so bad honestly -- it's so hard to find normalish-fitting jeans with proper giant leg.

@the kidcrash love these. also, I love kidcrash, more specifically the elusive record no one else cares about New Ruins

B)

possibly sacrilegious but i think new ruins is the one i listen to most nowadays, just a nice record for working. You might dig these guys, they have a nice kidcrash worship vibe going on

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question

The title of this thread contains 3 elements:

1. Extremely advanced
2. Oversized
3. Next level

I think we can take #1 and #3 to be synonyms. So in practice that leaves 2 elements.

So why does the thread largely only contain one of them?

Is oversized the only way to be "advanced" today? What's the "next level" after that?

What

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Title of thread: Extremely Advanced: Official Oversized/Next-Level Clothing.
Actual thread content: People wearing clothes that are too big for them.

My question: Does "extremely advanced/next-level clothing" just mean clothes that are too big?

Please post some photos then

slvth

Reaction score
"Next level" but not oversized. If you see a gap but aren't doing anything to fill it then why bring it up? Be the change you want to see in the world.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Title of thread: Extremely Advanced: Official Oversized/Next-Level Clothing.
Actual thread content: People wearing clothes that are too big for them.

My question: Does "extremely advanced/next-level clothing" just mean clothes that are too big?
The colon indicates it’s part of a series. The next part could be Extremely Advanced: Super tight/next level clothing. Or it could be Extremely Advanced: Extra cropped Clothing or it could just be that you’re overthinking the significance of a fun thread title.

VinceCompost

Reaction score
I asked a question because I don't personally know the answer to it and I was hoping someone might tell me something that I didn't already now. Seems that this was overly optimistic.

I'm not "overthinking" anything. The thread title suggests it will contain discussion or images of clothing beyond simply oversized, whereas the reality is it's pretty much all just oversized. This simply made me wonder whether there's anythign else going on in the world of menswear that could be considered avant-garde but that isn't oversized. If I knew what that was I wouldn't be here wasting my time posting the same question three times.

What is there about my question that is so complicated that it has either been greeted with total incomprehension or suggestions that I "be the change I want to see in the world." I sincerely hope that none of you work in education.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I asked a question because I don't personally know the answer to it and I was hoping someone might tell me something that I didn't already now. Seems that this was overly optimistic.

I'm not "overthinking" anything. The thread title suggests it will contain discussion or images of clothing beyond simply oversized, whereas the reality is it's pretty much all just oversized. This simply made me wonder whether there's anythign else going on in the world of menswear that could be considered avant-garde but that isn't oversized. If I knew what that was I wouldn't be here wasting my time posting the same question three times.

What is there about my question that is so complicated that it has either been greeted with total incomprehension or suggestions that I "be the change I want to see in the world." I sincerely hope that none of you work in education.

A thread is what is effectively being reconducted everyday through posting. This one is about cool oversized designer clothes. It's great that you go in every thread challenging the status quo or something, you're like a total free thinker and you will get a lot of internet points. (I totally agree with you on slimane but hey....)

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

A thread is what is effectively being reconducted everyday through posting. This one is about cool oversized designer clothes. It's great that you go in every thread challenging the status quo or something, you're like a total free thinker and you will get a lot of internet points. (I totally agree with you on slimane but hey....)

i, too, strive to be a Woke Ass Philosopher on a daily basis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads