- Mar 10, 2006
- Reaction score
It is THE classic summer linen suit.
From my own wardrobe, it is very good condition. I ordered it 2-3 years ago, and have worn it at most a handful of times each summer since. I am selling because the fit has never quite felt right and I now need to clear some wardrobe space for new items.
There are no defects; it has many years of superb use ahead of it. The only minor thing to declare is a tiny dirt/scuff mark near the bottom of one of the trouser leg (see close-up photo). I am certain that this will easily come out on dry-cleaning, but I like to declare things up front. Dirt marks like this inevitably happen on all your trousers; you just only see them on lighter fabrics.
This is a great opportunity to grab a stunning & surprisingly versatile suit for a very low price.
Please look through all the photos, read the style details and check the measurements below for more information. Do get in touch with any questions, and to purchase.
- Ede & Ravenscroft MTM suit
- Off-white/beige/pale cream (the most colour-accurate photo is the close-up of the sleeve buttons)
- 100% Harrisons Linen, IIRC from the Mersolair book
- Will fit as a 36S or 38S, depending on how closely you like clothes to fit
- Beautiful and classic summer suit in every respect.
- single breasted
- 2 button
- notch lapels
- 2 flap pockets, plus welted chest pocket
- 4 sleeve buttons (as is sometimes the case with Savile Row jackets, only the bottom two on each sleeve have been made functional, so further sleeve length adjustment remains easy)
- zip fly plus tab closure
- flat fronts
- belt loops & internal braces buttons are both present so you can choose to use whichever method you prefer
- MTM, and I would suggest it will fit either 36S or 38S
- No weird/super-customised adjustments were made to the MTM pattern beyond using my measurements, so if the measurements work for you, the suit will fit.
- shoulder-seam to shoulder-seam: 17.25"
- chest circumference: 39"
- waist circumference: 36"
- length from base of collar: 28.75"
- crown-cuff sleeve length: 23.75" (+1.25" to let down if needed)
- waist circumference: 30" (+2.5" to let out if needed)
- inside leg: 28.5" (+1.25" to let down if needed)
- leg opening at cuff: 8.5" (circumference of 17")
- thigh circumference: 25.5"
- Royal Mail Special Delivery (insured & tracked) in the UK
- Royal Mail International Signed For (insured & tracked) for overseas buyers.
- UK postage is FREE.
- International postage is £30 worldwide.
- Paypal only please
- I also accept the market equivalent in USD, if you prefer to pay that way.
I look forward to hearing from you!
(P.S. the Stefano Ricci tie featured in the photos is also for sale; see other classified ad for details).
294.8 KB Views: 72
444.9 KB Views: 54
533 KB Views: 50
335.4 KB Views: 48
418 KB Views: 46
195.9 KB Views: 52
408.7 KB Views: 49
284.6 KB Views: 54
482.3 KB Views: 50
223.8 KB Views: 29