Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Nov 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Got an email from Shaya yesterday saying the hangers would ship directly from the US within a day or so. I haven't gotten firm confirmation that they have shipped yet, but it seems they will be on their way soon.

2. borbor

borbor Senior member

Somehow I wish I can post the story w/o sounding like an impatient prick, but I figure an order placed on Apr 9th only to hustle the ball rolling in May 6th, I'm not out of line. [​IMG]

but props to Kirby and his team over there for hearing me out, because it was I who called them last week to check whether the orders have been shipped to Shaya before I got the whole ball rolling of skipping that first Atlantic flight and just go directly from them to whomever ordered that resided in North America. Frankly, I was sick of waiting, and with the unpredictable "speed" at which emails get replied, I figure I'll try my luck by going straight to the source.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

On a more positive note, my girlfriend ordered a pocket square for me, which was delivered in only a couple of days. It was one of ETs own line of squares, with the old advertisements, and I'm very happy with the quality and the design.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

That was very resourceful of you, I guess we all owe you :cheers:

5. naviC

naviC Active Member

That's one way to go about it! Good thinking, care to share with us what did Kirby and his team reply?

6. borbor

borbor Senior member

So the background story is this. End of April Shaya informed me that the hangers will be shipped out last week. I didn't hear back last week so I called HP to just check on the status of the "ET" order (because I really wanted to know WTF is going on when the wholesaler has them in stock, but the retailer isn't getting it out). I didn't catch the name of the gentleman who answered the phone, but he did ask "Wait, are you calling from Canada?" After informing him that yes indeed I was calling from Canuckizstan, he mentioned that I should really talk with Shaya and see if it could just be mailed direct because it makes zero sense to go across the Atlantic, only to come BACK.

A couple of days go by, and I got no reply from ET after I propose to him/them to see if I can get a direct shipment. I called HP again and this time talked to Lisa who handles wholesale exports. I explained to her the situation and if there's anyway they could help me out being totally understanding with the fact that it really isn't their direct problem. (situation being, I placed the order, my retailer isn't prompt in communication, I need the hangers because my bespoke suits are almost ready). She got on the case, asked me whether I mind changing finishes because the ones I ordered won't be in stock until end of Summer. This was May 7th. May 9th I get an email from ET (and I assume the rest of you did as well) updating the "direct" shipment.

Yesterday I got an email from Lisa stating that the order should be shipped out sometime this week after all the loose ends are tied up.

So that's where we are.

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, and I hate leaving bad feedback for businesses as a small business owner myself; but the inconsistency of communication and the tardiness of processing orders really leave a bad taste in my mouth.

On the bright side is, because of this, I'll be buying a few things from HP directly.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  7. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Do you guys have a London location, or just ship from there?

8. greasymonkey

greasymonkey Senior member

Just bought a few Rubinnaci pocket squares from Exquisite trimmings; cant beat those neopolitan designs.

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

When did Shaya add the Rubi squares? I can't believe I missed the gold/beige samurai square!

10. greasymonkey

Early hours of this morning; it went lightning quick

11. greasymonkey

Quote:somebody beat me to the beige samurai but i think Shaya will be restocking them in his next order i think.

12. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Thanks! Just followed him on Twitter to reduce the chances of missing the restock.

13. greasymonkey

Nice one there early bird move.

14. greasymonkey

Mrsix cant decide between mediterraneo and Sirenuse in my next order.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  15. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

I had that in my cart while I was deciding on others. Someone else got to it.

Same here so I bought both :)