Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Nov 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Try communicating with Jamison over at Howard Yount.

Still....wonderful pants....

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014

2. Alvinbmx

Alvinbmx Senior member

Yeah I can only agree. He also need to upgrade his webstore system, it doesn't update at all.

If the store is a one-man operation, he seriously need to manage email replies proactively.

3. Alvinbmx

Alvinbmx Senior member

It's worse??

4. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I was just going to say Shaya has done a Howard Yount, which is a pity because he's a nice bloke.

5. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Shaya's normally pretty good, but as he's one man, when he's away, he's away - I guess he's been doing something for the Passover holiday. But what I do know is that he will come good - one of the most generous and pleasant vendors I've dealt with; I think he and Rob of Yellow Hook are at the top of that list. As for Howard Yount, I also had an issue with Jamison for a while, but again he came through in the end. We're talking about guys running businesses from their homes, not Amazon. And reading through their respective threads, there's never been anyone ripped off by any of them, so it's just a matter of taking a deep breath and letting it work itself out.

6. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

What your describing above, the "it'll work itself out eventually" type of service isn't really acceptable to me, as someone who also runs their business from home. It should make it easier not harder to communicate. Between smart phones, iPads and laptops we are connected more than ever. A couple of days is acceptable, not a couple of weeks. Maybe I just have too high a service expectations on myself! but I don't think that's the case.

7. greasymonkey

greasymonkey Senior member

I can also vouch for Shaya that he is a top bloke to deal with. I can understand your point about him not picking some emails as result it portrays as if he is not professional in his dealings but I can assure you that he will come good.
    As Mimo pointed out he is celebrating the Passover/festival taking place so it's possible he is not available till whenever his out of office email states. Patience is virtue so stay calm my forum member.

8. Alvinbmx

Alvinbmx Senior member

I am sure he is a nice bloke. It is true that the order does get delivered eventually because i have purchased several times from him. The problem here is the communication, he should not take so long to reply or even ignore emails. I am not expecting top-notch service but at least a reply.

I have no response from him even before he set the email auto-reply. This means he must have already seen my email since he needs to set the auto-reply.

Anyhow, i just hope he can improve on this and hopefully i can receive my orders soon.

9. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Actually, I agree with you. And I should add you to that list of top blokes to deal with! I've not had to wait more than a day or two for Shaya before so this one seems a bit odd, even with the holiday.

10. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

I'm afraid I have to agree on this. Shaya sells top stuff, often at competitive prices, but is sloppy on responding. Sometimes quick, often not. He is definitely connected since he is updating on FB every day. Also been waiting a few weeks on my current order.

11. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Shaya's been a top bloke in my recent order. I forgot to add a jar of Saphir cream polish and upon asking him if how I can pay the extra money, he told me to not worry about it and added it into my order for free.

12. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Senior member

Without going into to much detail, I'm still waiting for Shaya to make good on my order from April 10th.

BTW, did anyone order a Monsieur Fox pocket square and get some ties instead?

13. borbor

borbor Senior member

Anyone order hangers and have gotten them?

Hanger project has them in stock. I don't know HOW he doesn't have them by now to ship out.

14. JHT652

JHT652 Senior member

Can anybody advise on which size of linen pocket square is best to get? 12, 17 or 19 inches.

Thanks

15. naviC

naviC Active Member

Still waiting on mine too, anyone got any thing yet?