1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Nov 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. borbor

borbor Senior member

getting conflicting stories from both sides.

not to mention i got a tracking number from kirby's crew for my hangers Friday the 16th.

2. C&A

C&A Senior member

I emailed with Shaya about Passaggio Cravatte the other night.

I also took the opportunity to inform about the hangers. He told me he is doing everything to resolve the matter and has already paid for the hangers long ago. Based on my dealings with him over the past few years I believe that he is telling the truth. I do agree with other comments upthread that he needs to improve the communication with his clients. The silence only creates speculation which he shouldn't want. That being said Shaya has always been honest with me and delivered to me what he promissed, and made good if something went wrong. So I have agreed to accept that comunication sometimes brakes down or there being a sudden lapse of silence, because he has some great items for sale at generally pretty reasonable prices.

That being said, he should have just made clear to his customers - that already prepaid the hangers - that there were issues and he was trying to resolve them. And deal with any issues or complaints directly. Anyway, based on my email exchange with him, I still believe the hangers will be arriving sometime soon.

Hopefully this and the recent comments about lack of communication will be a warning for him and I hope that he will find a way to improve on these issues and bring communication with his customers up to the same level as that of most of the great products he is offering.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Shaya should post here again.

Also, what did he say about PC ties?

4. C&A

C&A Senior member

Agree. I also told him he should do so. Let's hope he does.

Re. PC I mainly discussed the garza tie agjiffy has been asking questions about and this was what I posted about that in the PC thread

5. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Which ones are the PC ties on the website?

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  6. C&A

C&A Senior member

He only carried them for one season I think. there are non left. Until recently there were a few in the sale section.

7. C&A

C&A Senior member

Just saw Shaya posted this on Instagram and Tumblr.

[​IMG]

8. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Damn big drops and no mention? Is this thread dead?

9. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Just discovered this thread/store.
    Has anyone tried their house brand 'bespoke' cashmere ties? How to they hold up compared to hober/Capelli/etc? Prices with sf discount and ex vat look pretty unbelievable.

(@tchoy@C&A I'm sure you guys have at least a half dozen already ;) )

10. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Yup, kinda suprised.The prices of the Drakes and Tie your Tie ties are great especially after VAT is deducted. just bought 7 ties and 2 pocket squares :slayer:

11. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

Having try the house brand ties as yet I've wanting to try it. Just pick up a Drakes's tie and some sox during the sale. Shaya is great to deal with have been buying from his for a while now.

12. TweedyProf

I've been a bit unsure about the tie your tie knots. C&A was kind enough to post a picture but I'm not sure the knot is as substantial as I would like, the way some 8cm ties can be. Do others have different experiences? I do like the raw silk colors though.

13. terrorsquad

Same concern though I will report back when I receive mine.My Vanda's make the best knot followed by my Capelli's.

14. TweedyProf

Please do!

15. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

The SF discount is "sf10", right? I just tried using it on a Drake's tie that's on sale, and I got the message "Sorry, that code is not currently available." :confused: Oh well, prices are still pretty good. Is there another SF code?

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Of course it's not available for items that are on sale. Is 40-50% off not enough for you?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  17. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Except it also doesn't work on full price items.

18. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I suppose he has disabled it during the sale. Drop him an email if you'd really like to know.

19. mimo

mimo Senior member

Always advisable. SF's small affiliates are all great in my experience, but Shaya is especially generous to his SF regulars. It's always worth asking, especially if you're buying a few things at a time.

1 person likes this.
  20. terrorsquad

Just wondering, does Shaya inform you when he ships out the item?its my 1st time procuring from him