1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Nov 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

I was visiting this thread by chance and saw your comment. THANK YOU VERY HEART FOR the kind words. I am very happy to know that with my grenadine you are very well

3. JHT652

JHT652 Senior member

Hi... When will you be getting more solid grenadine ties in stock?

1 person likes this.
  4. The_International

The_International Well-Known Member

5. ayush12345

ayush12345 Active Member

By far the worst ever experience shopping online. I placed my order on the 16th December. After recieving the confirmation there was not further communication whatsoever. Upon checking up with Shaya on the 2nd of Jan, He replied promptly saying he will check with the order and get back. My happiness was short lived as its been 10 days and theres absolutely no reply about my order. All I ordered was some shoe care material. If its going to take this long to make that shipment, I'll happily order my stuff somewhere else.
    I have also forwarded all the order details and still no response. I am using this as a last resort to put it to Mr. Shaya's ear. Please wake up.

Ayush

6. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

Shaya offers exceptional customer service. I imagine this is some sort of oversight taking into account the holiday period, Pitti etc

1 person likes this.
  7. ayush12345

ayush12345 Active Member

I agree to what you say. But a small piece of response is what I would expect. I dont mind waiting if he's genuinely busy which he definitely must be. But I wont know about it till he lets me know..

8. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

My experience has been great with Shaya. I think he was at Pitti.

9. justblaze1

justblaze1 Well-Known Member

I have also had a excellent experience with Exquisite Trimmings throughout the holiday season. Purchased twice, once during the Thanksgiving sale and another time around Boxing day. Both orders I received within a timely manner to Canada. Will definitely shop here again.

10. althanis

althanis Senior member

Interested in the answer to this as well.

11. mimo

mimo Senior member

If Shaya's away, he's away - it's a one man show as far as I know. But be patient, he'll work it out for you I'm sure. Bear in mind he's also had his sale going for the last few days so has a lot of orders to get out. He's not let me down yet.

P.S., Shaya, I ordered something yesterday - if you could apply a discount that would be great, and combine shipping with my other order if it's not out yet! Thanks!

P.P.S. That is spooky as hell: just as I hit "submit" on that, I got a partial refund from my order for yesterday. Shaya is most definitely at work, whether or not he's caught up on SF recently! (Thanks, bro!)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  12. ayush12345

ayush12345 Active Member

Its probably the first time it feels good to be kicked down. I walked into my office today and there it was, a parcel sitting right on my table. I was confused as I wasn't expecting a package since I couldn't have a conversation with Shaya. It was otherwise. Everything packed up so appropriately. Even after the lack of communication, receiving the package was a pleasant surprise. Definitely will shop again. And sorry for the misunderstanding earlier.! Many Thanks
    Cheers

Ayush

3 people like this.
  13. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I recently received a couple of lovely ties from Exquisite Trimmings - one of their own, a black grenadine, and a beautiful brown neat silk from Passaggio Cravatte - and both at ludicrously low prices courtesy of their January sale.

The packaging and service were also excellent and the package took hardly any time to get to me in Tokyo. All in all, exemplary- thank-you!

2 people like this.
  14. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Shaya, any plans to carry a wider range of Tie your Tie ties?im intrigued by the designs;am eyeing the brown one :)

15. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

16. mimo

mimo Senior member

Cross-post from Passaggio Cravatte thread:

[​IMG]

And look at the beauty of this special tie for Exquisite Trimmings. It is a really dandy grenadine silk and a unique printed by hand with many years on its shoulders and lined just to the internal node with the bar tack of course stitched by hand by the twelve-fingered grandmothers of Campania. See the hemmed entirely by hand exactly as a hundred years ago! This picture shows the magic of the transparent!

[​IMG]

17. C&A

C&A Senior member

About 15 more designs will be added I was told. Expected to hit the shop sometime February. I understood something went weing with the initial order and most of the ties had to be remade.

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

19. C&A

C&A Senior member

busy packing stuff he told me.

20. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

he's selling that much to not have been on his own SF thread in months?