1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Exquisite Expensive Business Cards -Where Do I Find

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by erdavis, Jul 25, 2008.

1. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

No, his cards are made from carrot shavings. [​IMG]

"what's up doc" it is like a bad buggs bunny joke!

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

"what's up doc" it is like a bad buggs bunny joke!
    Leaves a lasting impression and good roughage to boot[​IMG]

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Leaves a lasting impression and good roughage to boot[​IMG]

wind too if taken in large amounts[​IMG]

4. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

wind too if taken in large amounts[​IMG]
    Well, only one to a customer, I'll provide the wind.

5. RSS

RSS Senior member

+1 for Smythson. Exquisite!

Adagio

+ Again ... great place.

6. itsraylamb

itsraylamb Active Member

7. sanrensho

sanrensho Senior member

There are some really good suggestions in the posts. One of the posts regarding using antique letter press is an interesting idea.

I am going to try this company. They are quite possibly here in Tokyo with me.

http://www.meisiya.net/first/
    http://www.meisiya.net/first/paper.html#fav

I think the subtle texture, imperfection, plus letter press is the winning mix. I already had Crane letterpress and they are nice, but nothing special.

It is very fun to go around experimenting, especially when it is on some elses tab.

-eric

Here's an interesting entry about a letterpress museum in Tokyo...apparently they also do printing..in any case, I'm sure they can direct you to someone in Tokyo that does high quality work.

The museum itself seems worth a visit too.

http://moontreearts.blogspot.com/200...tterpress.html

8. sanrensho

sanrensho Senior member

By the way, does anyone use a "personal" card? I have business cards from the company I work for, but I am thinking about having my own card made with some minimal information.

Any thoughts about this?

9. mltokyo

mltokyo Member

By the way, does anyone use a "personal" card? I have business cards from the company I work for, but I am thinking about having my own card made with some minimal information.

Any thoughts about this?

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for right now. (Or actually, I'm looking to improve my existing cards.)

I only have my name, cell number and e-mail address on them.

10. Jeff Naylor

Jeff Naylor Senior member

Any thoughts about this?

I do, I use a Vera Wang calling card from Fine Stationery. I've always believed it is poor form to use a business card in a purely social situation. I just have my name, cell number and e-mail address engraved on them.

11. RSS

RSS Senior member

By the way, does anyone use a "personal" card?
    Yes, more than one kind.

12. erdavis

erdavis Senior member

Here's an interesting entry about a letterpress museum in Tokyo...apparently they also do printing..in any case, I'm sure they can direct you to someone in Tokyo that does high quality work.

The museum itself seems worth a visit too.

http://moontreearts.blogspot.com/200...tterpress.html

Good call on both accounts. MoonTreeArts does some very nice work and the do Social Calling cards. They now have a site devoted to this .

http://brooklynsocialcards.com/about.html

[​IMG]

I am going to check out the museum in Tokyo. Also for people who want some seriously complex paper check out Karacho in Kyoto. They have been in the paper business since 1624. Bring your wallet, awesome product but it isn't cheap.

13. Christiano

Christiano New Member

Hello Mr. Davis,

i saw that u was searching for a good business card producer. and i saw that u have already choose a company.

just let me tell u that i am able to produce the best business cards that anybody has ever seen.

the other companys who were suggested by other members look like "TOYS'R'US" against my business cards. its not a joke [​IMG]

just let me know if your middle east friend still needs help.
    because if money doesnt matter, he will fall in love with his new cards.

14. erdavis

erdavis Senior member

Post a photo on the forum of your cards and explain why they are good.

Then private message me and I will send you my address to send a sample to.

-e

15. tokyodandy

tokyodandy Senior member

I was working with a Middle Eastern business client, and I told him his current business cards were a bit crappy and he needs to get some better ones.
    My client appreciated the advice. He recently wrote to me and asked to help him find great cards and money is not an issue.
    I am looking around, but don't know where on the planet the top top business cards come from... Where do the insane rich get their cards? Anyone got names?
    PS: I am looking for something a bit higher than Crane.

Since Japan has more of a business card culture than any other country and Japanese are willing and ready to throw large sums of money at expensive items, I would guess Japan offers some pretty nice stuff at the high end. Have to be careful of spelling mistakes though...

TD

16. erdavis

erdavis Senior member

Tokyo does have some fabulous items. Sadly, my Japanese skills are not the best. I have been to Kyoto and seen some interesting cards. Karacho in Kyoto is noteworthy for sure. They make some fantastic cards etc... They are at karacho.co.jp.

Still I would like to explore more. I find alot of people handling the Crane grade items, which nice but not that interesting.

Any suggestions would be welcome for sure.
    -eric

17. Christiano

Christiano New Member

at first, i hope u all had some nice christmas days. [​IMG]

I'm on Monday again in the office and i hope to make some pics for you... if i got some free minutes i will make you a nice collection. but i will send it not on the some day. i think u have to wait some days.

but tell me, did your middle east client already ordered his new Business Cards or not? and do you got more contacts who need high class cards?

18. Christiano

Christiano New Member

its true that they got in japan some nice things too. for example: i had paper from japan, but it wasnt paper [​IMG] ... it was wood from trees... they cut the wood so slim that it was like paper. it was very interesting... and expensive [​IMG]