Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Express polo shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by KevinR, Feb 23, 2005.

1. KevinR

KevinR Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I had brought up the topic of polo shirts awhile back, and the quest for the right one for me.
    I happen to walk into an express yesterday, and they have a deal going that if you try on a pair of pants, the polo shirts are $15. I picked up a nice pale pink one. It has a slim cut, nice fabric, and the logo is embroidered. Pretty nice IMO. So just aheads up if anybody is interested. Can't say the longevity of the item, but I have been happy with their jeans.

Nothing too heavy on this topic, just wanted to throw that out there.

2. smartie_addict

smartie_addict Active Member

I've purchased several polos from Express and so far they've held up well (had them for a little over a year now). How long is this sale going on and what is the material of these polos? Is it the traditional (I'm not quite sure if there's a proper term for it) kind of textured cotton or their stretchy sleek ones? The latter, I've found, seem to be more fitted, modern looking.

3. KevinR

KevinR Well-Known Member

Its the pique cotton shirts.

Sorry, didn't really notice how long. But I would figure atleast through the weekend.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Not all of the Express stores have that promotion, I know because I was using it to get their non-iron shirts for $15... not too bad for staple french blue shirts. I have a few of their polos, they are decent but the fabric feels a bit strange, stretchy and non-cotton feeling. I think they have some nice striped patterns though.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Which are these non-iron shirts, dz? I asked in there about them and the manager hadn't heard of them. AFAIK they all have the same stuff.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

They look like 1MX shirts, but are made of better fabric, and say "non-iron" on the tag. They are $59.50 retail.

BTW, Express is closing out their "premium" dress shirts, which actually look pretty nice. They were $128, but are now $68, and they have a really nice bengal stripe one. If you get the $15 coupon for trying on the producer pants, and use the 15% discount just for applying to their cc (but not necessarily using it) you can get it for $40 or so, I bought one and it compares fairly well with my Jantzen ones.

7. KevinR

KevinR Well-Known Member

Interesting about the dress shirts. I was looking at them, but there was nothing up about them being discounted. There was some really nice looking ones though.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

If you look at the price tag, they have a printed tag that says $88 now (it used to say $128), and there is a sign on the table (at least at the store near me) that says "$20 off shirts"

9. KevinR

KevinR Well-Known Member

yeah, it could have been there, i just probably missed it. I was just getting out of my office for an hour to clear the old head. I wasn't even planning on buying anything. But you know how that goes.