• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exposing a friend's cheating?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
In life, there will be many hot girls but very few friends.

That is very true, I I never did such a thing, but a "friend" of mine attempted to do it to me when we were 17... needless to say he lost a friend forever...

Ed Morel Quality Friend !!!!

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's put the situation on another optic

What if your friend has this girlfriend you really like. Let's say that your friend doensn't value the girl and cheat on her etc. etc. Let's say you want the girl to be in a serious relationship and not only to get in her pants for a night...

Would it still be bad ?

my own answer.... I think If i was in the situation I'd talk to my friend first.

However it sounds macho to me not to consider the girl's choice...

So let's analyse the possiblities

I mean... just to tell the girl to make her break and then try to get her is an betrayal, and maybe for nothing because probably the girl will not end with you.

And to try to get the girl first so you know you have a clear shot to her and then talking with your friend and/or try to make them break is also betrayal.

Finally, just talking with your friend telling him you want the girl seriously before even know if she wants you sounds stupid...

So ... .in conclusion, any way you see it it is wrong

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of this boils down to two separate issues.

1) Would you betray your friend and tell his girlfriend about his cheating?

2) Would you date a friend's ex-girlfriend?

I think most people would say no to each question individually, so when adding them together, the outcome should be the same.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
In other words, you'd rat him out and scoop his girl?

I'm in a serious relationship now, and I'd rat him out now with no intention of scooping.

Originally Posted by briancl
I think a lot of this boils down to two separate issues.

1) Would you betray your friend and tell his girlfriend about his cheating?

2) Would you date a friend's ex-girlfriend?

I think most people would say no to each question individually, so when adding them together, the outcome should be the same.

1) Why do you assume that guys aren't friends with females? I'd rat out a girl that was cheating on her guy, and vice versa. There's no room for friendship with lowlife cheaters in my book.

mbc

Reaction score
What good are friends if one can't trust them with one's secrets, weaknesses and failures?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by avatar
There's no room for friendship with lowlife cheaters in my book.

You sound like a joy to be friends with. Rat.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by avatar
1) Why do you assume that guys aren't friends with females? I'd rat out a girl that was cheating on her guy, and vice versa. There's no room for friendship with lowlife cheaters in my book.

I'm not, you are merely nitpicking semantics.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I answered "bros before hos" before reading the particulars of the hypothetical situation. In most cases, I would leave well enough alone. I generally believe in minding my own business in matters like this. However, it would really boil down to how good a friend the cheater was and how badly I wanted the girl being cheated on (and whether I realistically would have a good shot at her). So my answer would really would be a very pragmatic and situational "maybe."

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a very close friend who's cheats on his wife regularly. I mean he have affairs and sometimes he even cheats on them too! I don't really like what he's doing, specially since I'm the godfather of his daughter but I won't tell on him. Presently I try not to go out with him and if we do go out, I make sure I won't find myself in a situation where I'm with him and his "girlfriend". I don't want to be near him when the sh!t hits the fan.

chanimal

Reaction score
bros before ho's.........i think you just have to mind your own business.......

and as everyones favourite denver nugget would say..........stop snitchin

mongo615

Reaction score
Definitely Bros before Hoes--It would be just like jumping into the middle of a fight between your friend and his girl. You could be "Captain Save-a-Hoe" and jump in on her side and she could go back to him, leaving you without your friend or his girl--you'd just look like a fool. Go find your own girl, and stay out of your boy's mix,fool!
crackup[1].gif

Reaction score
This is precisely why I hate being friends with men.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads