Experience with satorial solutions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marc237, Oct 22, 2004.

1. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I have no connection to Carlo (Chuck) or Jill or to Sartorial Solutions other than having purchased a pair of wheat colored slacks from Hugo Boss over e-bay.

I took delivery today. The slacks fit my needs. However, what impressed me the most was the manner in which this e-bay seller did business. Not only was he prompt, polite, and careful in his dealings, he went the extra mile on the small things. For example, he sent e-mails acknowledging receipt of the bid, the payment, and shipment. Second, his shipping method was great. I have received suits in smaller boxes than he used to send a single pair of pants. As a result of the care spent on packing and shipping, the items arrived in great condition. They should all be like this.

2. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

Ditto--and then some.

3. Tom

Tom Senior member

me too.

-Tom

4. Jill

Jill Senior member

Thanks, guys, for the kind words. We try. If you can think of anything else that would define the "ideal" ebay seller, feel free to make suggestions.

5. Tom

Tom Senior member

I e-mailed before buying, I was worried about the size. After a brief exchange, I was told that my money would be refunded if the fit was not right. The fit, as estimated by the esteemed seller, was perfect, and now it's my favorite jacket.

-Tom

6. brescd01

brescd01 Senior member

Well, for one, the ideal eBay seller would not "hold out" on me about secret development programs he is running.

That gripe aside, let me share my Sartorial Solutions/Carlo Franco experience. As some of you know, I had a tie problem. Now, there are a lot of people similar to myself at the start of wardrobe building who read my posts. I do not know about you all, but buying ties I actually find incredibly annoying. I do not like ties like Chuck does, matching all those little colors, I can just imagine a lot better ways to pass the day. And they are so expensive. Usually I like the one that costs over 100 dollars.

Chuck sent me a crate of his ties. My wife picked the ones we liked, eight of them. I had ordered his ties before, and with 1 Kiton 7-fold I paid 100 dollars for exactly at Boyds ON SALE, I now have 13 really nice ties, and the Kiton is the least attractive of the bunch, purchased for around 80 dollars/tie. Only with this adequate selection can I have a prayer of putting together a decent outfit in the AM, and take my word for it, I do. AS A PRACTICAL MATTER, Chuck is the only one who is going to do this and he saved me a shitload of time and aggrevation. A shirt that he threw in with the first shipment though I begged him not to, was first-rate and is probably one of my nicest shirts.

In fairness, I have to admit that while I do not profit from Chuck's business I do like the guy, so I am not exactly objective. But if I have any spare dollars in my pocket and he has something he "wants me to try," I will send the money and ask questions later.