Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Experience with RL Children's Sizes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SchmuckerMan, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SchmuckerMan

SchmuckerMan Member

Hey everyone,

I've had a helluva time trying to find stuff that fits me OTR. I'm 5'4, 120 lbs with a 34" chest and an athletic build. I decided to order some clothing from the RL Children's website (windbreaker and a long-sleeved striped rugby shirt).

Using their sizing chart, I would be an 18XL (64"-66" Height, 116-126 Lbs), but for the two items above, there was only a general XL option when placing the order, so I'm assuming they lumped the 18XL and 20XL sizes into the same categories as a one-size-fits-all item (20XL - 66"-68", 126-138 lbs).

Does anyone have experience with RL Children's sizes? I hate stuff that is too big/baggy, etc., and I'm thinking that maybe I should have ordered a 16L instead of the 18/20XL size. Do you think the difference in measurements will be noticeable, or is +/- an inch regarding measurements still acceptable?

Of course, I could always wait to see when I get them in person but I'm being impatient and would like some feedback;)

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry if this posted more than once, I was having difficulties submitting the thread.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

2. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Hey there,

I'm 5'2", 120lbs and wear RL boys' often. Depending on the piece, sometimes I'm a 14, sometimes a 16, sometimes an M, sometimes an L. I suggest you generally order two sizes to see which fits best. I imagine 20/XL and probably 18 will be too big for you though.