• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experience with Pediwear

wazupyo

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I just wanted to share my experience with Pediwear and the first pair of C&J Tetbury shoes. I'm sure someone like me (who never bought C&J shoes before) would benefit from this thread.
So, I have just received a pair of C&J Tetbury from Pediwear. This, in fact, is the first time I am buying an England-made shoes. After researching for hours and hours on the SF, I came to a conclusion that Pediwear might be a good place to order my first pair of moderate-quality shoes.

Nov. 15, 2010
I made my purchase over the internet from Pediwear website. There was no response from Pediwear on 16th.

Nov. 17, 2010
Pediwear sent me an email saying the size is not available and it'd take 3-5 weeks before they receive the stock.

Nov. 18, 2010
I called Pediwear and told them that I actually want a smaller size. Pediwear said they have it in stock and will ship right away. Impressively, they did send it RIGHT AWAY after hanging up the phone. (EXCELLENT customer service I would say)

Nov. 24, 2010
I received the shoes. NO DUTY OR TAX. (I guess I was lucky...Also, I am not going to say what but they do try to minimize your cost). I can't believe the parcel arrived so fast considering that I am located in Vancouver, Canada. This was way faster than those shipped from US!!! (and the shipping is free!!)

So, yeah. I got my first pair of CJ tetbury. I am quite pleased with their service and I will definitely shop there again.

As for the sizing of C&J Tetbury, I normally wear US 9. I don't really know if I wear D or E or F width. Tetbury Size 8E fits me perfectly. Literally, perfect fit.

Hope this is helpful for newbies like me!

IBJanky

Reaction score
Pediwear is great. I order all my C&J shoes from them and never had a problem.

myke

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wazupyo
Hi, guys. I just wanted to share my experience with Pediwear and the first pair of C&J Tetbury shoes. I'm sure someone like me (who never bought C&J shoes before) would benefit from this thread.
So, I have just received a pair of C&J Tetbury from Pediwear. This, in fact, is the first time I am buying an England-made shoes. After researching for hours and hours on the SF, I came to a conclusion that Pediwear might be a good place to order my first pair of moderate-quality shoes.

Nov. 15, 2010
I made my purchase over the internet from Pediwear website. There was no response from Pediwear on 16th.

Nov. 17, 2010
Pediwear sent me an email saying the size is not available and it'd take 3-5 weeks before they receive the stock.

Nov. 18, 2010
I called Pediwear and told them that I actually want a smaller size. Pediwear said they have it in stock and will ship right away. Impressively, they did send it RIGHT AWAY after hanging up the phone. (EXCELLENT customer service I would say)

Nov. 24, 2010
I received the shoes. NO DUTY OR TAX. (I guess I was lucky...Also, I am not going to say what but they do try to minimize your cost). I can't believe the parcel arrived so fast considering that I am located in Vancouver, Canada. This was way faster than those shipped from US!!! (and the shipping is free!!)

So, yeah. I got my first pair of CJ tetbury. I am quite pleased with their service and I will definitely shop there again.

As for the sizing of C&J Tetbury, I normally wear US 9. I don't really know if I wear D or E or F width. Tetbury Size 8E fits me perfectly. Literally, perfect fit.

Hope this is helpful for newbies like me!

Always good to get you right size first up. Looks like you are a USA9E....slightly wide fit

GBer

Reaction score
Used them before and they work well. They were completely professional. I would recommend them. Pricing is good.

As for buying your first English shoes online, I cannot advise that. Depending on the last, the fit can be extremely different. Even in the same size, one last does not fit the same as another last.

In the US, most shoes are sold as X size in D width with no reference to last. Sometimes no reference of the width. Most people don't fit perfectly into these generic sizes. For instance, you might have longer toes, a wider width, or a high instep.

It's best to try these shoes on in person to be sure of the proper sizing. It can make a world of difference for comfort. Why pay $500+ for an ill-fitting shoe that you will be uncomfortable in? If you are spending more than $300 on a shoe, get some shoe trees, it will help your shoes last longer.

Hannes

Reaction score
Pediwear has fantastic customer service. I also had many pleasant experiences dealing with them.

sartorial_marxist

Reaction score
They might be slow in replies, depending on your tolerance but they are great people to deal with

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorial_marxist
They might be slow in replies, depending on your tolerance but they are great people to deal with

My experience is that they generally take one day to respond to any enquiry.

faketrain

Reaction score
I've had great experiences with them as well. Decided I didn't like the fit or color of the C&J's that I purchased, so I was able to return them for a different style with no drama. Will probably be ordering a Stow boot from them shortly for winter.

goldknots

Reaction score
I have ordered 5 pairs of C&J's from Pediwear, never a problem but they can be slow to respond. Fortunately there is a C&J store here in New York, so I try on the shoes there first to figure out my size and then order.

Avocat

Reaction score
Wonderful to hear, and yes, I've had nothing but great dealings with them as well. No duty, though? Count your blessings there, Wazupyo. Hear you also on the initial trepidation to place an overseas order. On my first order a long time ago they had a special--free shoe trees--which was what made me take the plunge at that time, being cautious about ordering online especially shoes from the UK also, I admit. (Been back many times since). Yeah, I like Pediwear and likewise get all my C&J's from them, too. Note: parcels sometimes pass through customs unchecked, most times they don't: feels great when that happens, though, doesn't it? Myself, I've never been so lucky as to escape it, however (good for you). But, for most shoes/boots made in the EU, it's only 18% duty. It's less for those made in Commonwealth countries, but which for some reason completely unknown to me doesn't include Britain--go figure. Still, no biggie, since they deduct their own VAT (17.5%) such that it evens out there (though it also means you got yourself a really nice discount, I think
wink.gif
I find C&J's about a 1/2 size different from US/CDN sizing (i.e., in most cases, a US 9D for e.g. translates to a 8F UK for most makers, but not for C&Js which run narrow (E fitting); most in turn only go down 1/2 size from their typical US/CDN size instead of a full size to accommodate the width difference since many don’t like and/or simply can't do a tighter fit, preferring and/or needing a more standard width (i.e., F fitting, and reason for the 1/2 size accommodation as said). On the other hand, some feet are narrower than the so-called standard "D" US/CDN (F UK) width, and/or like a tight fit. But all of this is general, as lasts do differ like Gber says, and it also depends on the leather from which the shoe/boot is made, too (and thus his is good advice). Also, Pediwear has a Loake Club which may be of interest to you (warn you though, Pediwear is known to be addictive!
tongue.gif
tl/DR: Again, wonderful to hear how well it all worked out for you, and trust that you are enjoying your new Tetburys!

wazupyo

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to admit I was lucky with duty and tax. I guess this doesn't really happen that often, eh?

Anyways, as for the shoe tree, I have a Woodlore combination shoe tree on hand and I am using it for the Tetbury I just bought.

Now, I am concerned that the split toe design may actually ruin the shoes because Tetbury with last 348 is kinda narrow (especially near the toe).

Can anybody exprienced in this area give me an advice regarding this?

Thanks in advance!

IBJanky

Reaction score
You'll be fine, don't worry too much about it. Wear them in good health!
smile.gif
myke

Avocat

Reaction score
My trees for the most part are Rochesters (the "freebies" from Pediwear, when applicable, are I believe Dascos, split-toe). That said, while no first-hand experience with Woodlores I did a search for you. If you are referring to the Ultra split-toe, you're good to go. In fact, they seem to be the most recommended ones on account of the split toe, both on SF and elsewhere, saying the trees are for an E width, assuming you're using a size Medium tree given your size, according to this chart that is: http://woodlore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...e=Shoe-Trees-M The discussion about it on SF is here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=70255&page=2 saying that ultra's are best for narrow fit/sharp toes, sharper than the Tetbury's, etc. even, followed by Rochester [which I'm using in my Cottesmore's with no problems, though seems the trees aren't worth the price difference and wishing once again (thinking aloud) I’d found this thread beforehand]. Only recommendation is against epics when it comes to narrow/sharp toes, so far as it may be too wide. While split-toe design can be adjusted to stretch a shoe out if desired, not an issue if used properly (see, for e.g., women speaking about their use of same, whose shoes/boots are narrower than are men's shoes/boots, thus many having the same concern, but which isn't a problem when used properly (ie., unless adjusted to stretch on purpose, which some of them wanted to do, too), thus making their experience with the trees relevant in turn: http://canada.zappos.com/n/p/dp/531809/c/7673.html While it's true CJ has their own trees--not to mention all those duties (I'm still impressed!) --theirs are standard sizes (i.e., not lasted), meaning they won't necessarily fit their shoes better than other brands—and also meaning once again you’re fine, like IBJanky says, and about which you can read more here: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...-amp-shoe-care Trust this helps. And again, well done! (your Tetbury's are not only very good boots but lucky, too: wear them in good health, indeed!!)
smile.gif
tl/DR: woodlore ultras seem to be the recommended tree for sharp toes, etc.

wazupyo

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys for the good advices. Very valuable pieces of information indeed.

Thanks again!

eVITAERC

Reaction score
Anyone know what's pediwear's policy on exchanges for sizing issues?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads