• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experience with Billy Reid quality/fit?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a few 36R suits in the Billy Reid sale on Gilt today. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but BR normally only stocks down to 38R, with 36R being a MTM option.

jon bones

Reaction score
picked up that brown canvas jacket in "small" with my remaining gilt credit

hoping it fits me... i'm not a big guy by any means (5' 6'' 120 lbs)

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate how Gilt uses sizing guide on their site. They will say Trim or Slim. I assume slim is smaller than trim, but it'd be so much easier if they did measurements.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beware. gilt has a terrible sizing system. most likely your item will not fit and itll be made out of overstock materials and not constructed up to par with normal billy reid items.

BEWARE OF GILT

(that said i kopped)

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
I hate how Gilt uses sizing guide on their site. They will say Trim or Slim. I assume slim is smaller than trim, but it'd be so much easier if they did measurements.

Not saying I expect measurements (I also expect free shipping and free items!), but the sizing guide confuses me a lot, too. There's slim, trim, and also "fitted." What the hell? Can we get a diagram, or at least some inequalities set up here?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Fitted isn't as close fitting to the body as slim and trim I assume. I have some items from Gilt that was marked as fitted (Gant shirts and Steven Alan shirts) and both shirts are 21" pit to pit in size medium. The body has very slight taper if any.

I already know I'm not going to be able to fit the clothing they label as slim (they had Ben Sherman Soho shirts on there marked slim and the medium in those are too tight), but I'm curious as to what trim is.

Pharrell

Reaction score
Who can tell me about the quality of their suiting? It's made in Italy I believe. What label is it on par with? Is it worth paying the full retail price?

jfurt

Reaction score
I'm already down for the denim work shirt in a size medium. Pretty psyched for this.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The collection is quite nice. Only thing I was interested in was the wool trucker, but they were sold out of Small by the time I checked this morning. Going to Charleston this weekend, though -- maybe they'll have it in stock at the BR there.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the roper boots? What is the width like? They look a little wider than the other BR footwear.

BD22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Reviving this thread to **** on BR a little. Just picked up their Rustin cotton blazer @ Nordstrom. The fit's alright, but the thing is just terribly made: fused canvassing and terribly messy pick stitching. Stay away.

bantone

Reaction score
I'm sort of disappointed that there are not many threads on Billy Reid here. Their polos are excellent.

furiousgeorge06

Reaction score
I've honestly found that though I adore their patterns and fabrics, their clothes just don't often fit me very well - and I'm a pretty average sized person. Does anyone else find their shirts really short?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads