• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

experience w/Barker shoes?

tonup277

Reaction score
who here has experience with Barker (not Barker Black) shoes? they seem like as good quality/value as, say, Grenson and Trickers.

in particular, i'm looking at a pair in their Anniversary line - are these considered higher grade than their Handcrafted line? Are the Anniversary shoes hand-made?

thanks!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My dad used to always wear Barkers for work, only having a few pairs but they each seemed to last him forever (with occasional resoling). Since he retired, they get less wear now, so he hasn't had to buy a new pair in many years. So I don't know what the recent quality is like. I looked at a pair of Barker Blacks a while back - they seemed decent enough.

eliteforum

Reaction score
Having sold over 1500 pairs of Barker shoes I think that their "125th Anniversary range" shoe offers exceptional value for money in the market place today and find that most of my customers who buy from this range invariably come back for more from this range which sadly is now shrinking in the number of models which they now make available

The relatively new "Hand Crafted Collection" is well worth a look.

Link to a pair of the Barkers 125th anniversary Range:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=360032274704

eliteforum

Reaction score
Handcrafted collection is slightly lower spec. with a suggested RRP of £170 whilst the remaining 4 models in 125th are now retailed at £200

I have many in stock right now so for specific requirements send me PM and will see if I have anything suitable

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads