Exotic Cars on the Street

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

If you want he can lie and say they're his like those banned posters used to.
    Good times. lol.

2. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Have you come across any exotic cars on the street and happen to have a cell phone camera with you?

Growing up in the Bay Area and taking frequent trips down to LA as a kid sort of numbed me to any excitement to seeing exotics on the road as you'd see at least one exotic sports car a day. Now that I'm going to auto shows accompanying my auto journalist friend as a photographer, I'm even more underwhelmed when I see them on the road. With that said, the cars on the road that I get really excited over are classic exotics, like that GTB.

3. somecallmebj

somecallmebj Senior member

Wasn't quick enough to grab my camera and flash a picture, but I saw a Jet Blue Audi R8 on the street pass by. That car, especially in that color, is sex. I love the black contrasting grill on it.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I saw this Bentley Fastback parked in 2006. It was/is absolutely gorgeous, and is one of my favorites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I saw a ton of these "in the wilde" when I was at Carmel for the Concours.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Have you never seen a nice car before? I find it really odd to take pictures of other people's private property. There's something real pedestrian about it.

[Sorry, had to rant a bit]

I enjoy seeing exotic and classic cars on the street but have never taken photos, and don't think I ever would.

7. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I'm lucky to live near a Ferrari dealer. I see them all the time as well as the Astons they sell. It;s best to buy a Ferrari slightly used as many don't keep them once they have gotten it out of their systems...and the depreciation hit is tremendous.

8. A Y

A Y Senior member

It;s best to buy a Ferrari slightly used as many don't keep them once they have gotten it out of their systems...and the depreciation hit is tremendous.

Perhaps in Atlanta. In California, used, current Ferraris sell for over MSRP. New ones have to be sold at MSRP, but used ones can be inflated. There's also a whole system of making people buy Maseratis first to show that they're serious about owning a Ferrari. It's quite a racket.

A friend of mine in Dallas has his dealer periodically calling him to flip his lightly used F-car, no charge, for a newer F-car so he can sell the used one to someone for $$$.

--Andre

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I enjoy seeing exotic and classic cars on the street but have never taken photos, and don't think I ever would.

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong though, the pictures here are great.

10. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

One of the weirder sights in the Boston area is the Aston Martin dealership on a crumbling backroad between a PetCo, railroad tracks and a used car lot in Waltham. Truly out of place.

11. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Wasn't quick enough to grab my camera and flash a picture, but I saw a Jet Blue Audi R8 on the street pass by. That car, especially in that color, is sex. I love the black contrasting grill on it.

You mean the "sideburns?" [​IMG]

12. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Perhaps in Atlanta. In California, used, current Ferraris sell for over MSRP. New ones have to be sold at MSRP, but used ones can be inflated. There's also a whole system of making people buy Maseratis first to show that they're serious about owning a Ferrari. It's quite a racket.

A friend of mine in Dallas has his dealer periodically calling him to flip his lightly used F-car, no charge, for a newer F-car so he can sell the used one to someone for $$$.

--Andre

That's interesting. My neighborhood dealer has a dozen or more recent models (2006 or recent) that have around 7-15K miles at a whopping discount to MSRP.

13. bmwcafe

bmwcafe New Member

14. jpticar

jpticar Senior member

Saw a white one last week parked in Union Square. Sick looking car even in white.

15. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

--Andre

Agreed,

Ferrari's tend to do a great job of holding value, if not appreciating in value depending on model. It's Maserati that depreciates horrendously.