• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exotic Cars on the Street

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Not every car needs to look like a 911. I really do not get this styling philosophy. It's ok to have a diverse lineup. Honestly.

Amen. They are so stuck in their design philosophy that they feel compelled to create every vehicle with the exact same styling cues.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
For some odd reason I do not see his exotics anymore. All I ever see is the Escalade or the S-class. The guy used to only drive the Escalade on rainy days or winter and would drive the exotics on sunny summer days.

haha, maybe he had to sell them off for liquidity, if he invested badly

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brianja
Absolutely! The leather straps are fantastic.

I saw them on a Ferrari 250GTO (drool) a few years back and fell in love with them on vintage cars.

97623852_EYV4b-M-4.jpg

97592047_eP6mx-M-4.jpg

You should post a warning for those of us at work before posting something like this. Need new pants.

epb

Reaction score
Saw an Atom one night after leaving work - snapped with my cell phone:

ariel.jpg

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Saw an Atom one night after leaving work - snapped with my cell phone:
ariel.jpg

This and the Caparo T1 are very interesting vehicles!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yerfdog
haha, maybe he had to sell them off for liquidity, if he invested badly
This was what I thought, too.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suto
COOL! I never see cars like this on the street..
There is someone who owns an Atom close to where I live. I see it quite often when it is sunny. I saw one that had 'ENZOKLR' as the license number.. cool!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Absolutely hideous

did you like the 928 when it appeared back in the days? i have to admit, i didn't like it much.

today it is an "iconic" car.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
did you like the 928 when it appeared back in the days? i have to admit, i didn't like it much.

today it is an "iconic" car.

It's only recently that I've come to appreciate the beauty of the 928.

Kookz

Reaction score
Here's a couple of snaps that are appropriate to the thread. Poor quality, just taken from my phone back in February while on a bike ride to Geneva and back. Lowly DB9 and CLS behind it...
IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG
Took this in Italy while heading to Cinque Terre last September. You can see just to the right of the Enzo the sign for a tunnel...we went through at least a half dozen of them and put the windows down for each, it was pretty fantastic sounding.
CIMG2410.JPG
You can see another tunnel just ahead.
Cinque%20Terre%20020.jpg
This was on the same drive. The car is absolutely minuscule, which is obvious when you consider the perspective of the shot which was taken from a Mercedes A-class, which is small in itself.
Cinque%20Terre%20015.jpg
This wouldn't be anything too wild if they were the normal variety, but that's an LP560-4 and a Vantage V12 (aka DBS). Snapped the picture just next to the Nurburgring in early May.
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG
The next few [terrible] pictures were taken on the same day. This 997 GT3 RS came up and passed us doing about 250 km/h on the Autobahn so getting a decent picture wasn't easy.
IMG_1723.JPG
And we came upon and passed this, which was not in a hurry.
IMG_1729.JPG
IMG_1730.JPG

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy post -- the F40 and the DBS are incredible.

LordWanker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
Amen. They are so stuck in their design philosophy that they feel compelled to create every vehicle with the exact same styling cues.

well what are your comments on the 928/914/944?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads