Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Exfoliants

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by iGexome, Apr 27, 2006.

1. iGexome

iGexome New Member

So, in the latest GQ with everyone's favorite scientologist on the cover, there was a free trial sample of Axe Snake Peel and decided to give it a go and it was not bad! Now, I'm a big Axe-hater (unless used in flamethrower form) but this was better than expected. I may be unbiased because I don't know much about the magical world of exfoliants, so I'm looking for any pros/cons of using as well as suggested brands (Aveda? Anthony Logistics? "Irish Spring Exfoliant"?). Oh, and I may be a newcomer but I've been reading up on the forums for over a year now [​IMG]

2. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Zia Natural Skincare "Ultimate Exfoliant" and "Papaya Enzyme Peel" highly recommended.

3. mr_economy

mr_economy Senior member

I honestly almost prefer to just use a loofah with some body wash rather than investing in an actual body scrub. James over at MenEssentials has also imported a Turkish exfoliating cloth called a Kese made by members of his family over there, and it has received rave reviews. Might check into that, it's cheaper than just about any non-drugstore exfoliating scrub you'll find and lasts a heck of a lot longer.

4. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

Another good, cheap scrub is to simply mix some baking soda with a little of your favorite body wash or face wash. Many readymade scrubs sold in stores are too harsh and/or they leave a plasticky film on my skin.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Another good, cheap scrub is to simply mix some baking soda with a little of your favorite body wash or face wash. Many readymade scrubs sold in stores are too harsh and/or they leave a plasticky film on my skin.

Good tip. Will have to try it!

6. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

I really liked the feel of the baking soda, but found it hard to make a nice paste. It was like chemistry class without a formula to follow. I was using water though so maybe with a body wash it would be easier. I currently use a cheap, drugstore exfoliant, but don't really like it; The baking soda was much softer and felt quite nice.