Exfoliants

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by iGexome, Apr 27, 2006.

1. iGexome

iGexome New Member

So, in the latest GQ with everyone's favorite scientologist on the cover, there was a free trial sample of Axe Snake Peel and decided to give it a go and it was not bad! Now, I'm a big Axe-hater (unless used in flamethrower form) but this was better than expected. I may be unbiased because I don't know much about the magical world of exfoliants, so I'm looking for any pros/cons of using as well as suggested brands (Aveda? Anthony Logistics? "Irish Spring Exfoliant"?). Oh, and I may be a newcomer but I've been reading up on the forums for over a year now [​IMG]

2. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Zia Natural Skincare "Ultimate Exfoliant" and "Papaya Enzyme Peel" highly recommended.

3. mr_economy

mr_economy Senior member

I honestly almost prefer to just use a loofah with some body wash rather than investing in an actual body scrub. James over at MenEssentials has also imported a Turkish exfoliating cloth called a Kese made by members of his family over there, and it has received rave reviews. Might check into that, it's cheaper than just about any non-drugstore exfoliating scrub you'll find and lasts a heck of a lot longer.

4. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

Another good, cheap scrub is to simply mix some baking soda with a little of your favorite body wash or face wash. Many readymade scrubs sold in stores are too harsh and/or they leave a plasticky film on my skin.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Another good, cheap scrub is to simply mix some baking soda with a little of your favorite body wash or face wash. Many readymade scrubs sold in stores are too harsh and/or they leave a plasticky film on my skin.

Good tip. Will have to try it!

6. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

I really liked the feel of the baking soda, but found it hard to make a nice paste. It was like chemistry class without a formula to follow. I was using water though so maybe with a body wash it would be easier. I currently use a cheap, drugstore exfoliant, but don't really like it; The baking soda was much softer and felt quite nice.