• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Executive Office Furniture

Ed355

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for high-end executive office furniture (desk, chair and perhaps drawer units). Must be able to view the items online. Thanks.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear Lehman Bros might have some good offerings
rimshot.gif

jsherman02

Reaction score
Try Herman Miller's site or even Knol's. What are you looking for exactly?

Ed355

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
Try Herman Miller's site or even Knol's. What are you looking for exactly?

Thanks. Furniture for an executive office - a big desk, a few armchairs, and possibly some storage units.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Aereon chair for starters. Other than that, what is the desired aesthetic? Do you want a sort of English library, or do you want one of those typical Herman Miller offices with MvR and Eames everywhere?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you settle on, making cupping a corporate policy.

Bestof1979

Reaction score
I am in the corporate facilities management business and have had good experiences with Teknion and Haworth systems furniture and executive furniture. I am not certain if you are looking for something for a home office or your place of business though. Check out both vendors at the following;

http://www.teknion.com/
http://www.haworth.com/Brix?pageID=1

Let me know if I can help.

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I would recommend the Aereon chair for starters. Other than that, what is the desired aesthetic? Do you want a sort of English library, or do you want one of those typical Herman Miller offices with MvR and Eames everywhere?

I've bought at home/work (I run my own business) a number of Aerons but primarily their advantage seems to be that you can break wind in them without it collecting on the cushion
tounge.gif
I prefer Izzy HAG chairs which seem to do a better job for me. I replaced my Aerons for these.

I hate to seem to threadcrap, but does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced desking system which looks good, which is also available in the UK? I'm looking to refresh my home office with a desk combo inside a 3m x 3m (10ft x 10ft) area. While I am quite fussy about where my butt goes, I'm not overtly fussy about where I stick my stuff on - although I do buy for the most part Ahrend (another suggestion for the original poster) for work, I don't think I need that level of versatility or utility at home. I was thinking of IKEA's Galant series but I figured I might want to go better quality than that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads