• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Executive Office Furniture

Ed355

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for high-end executive office furniture (desk, chair and perhaps drawer units). Must be able to view the items online. Thanks.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear Lehman Bros might have some good offerings

jsherman02

Reaction score
Try Herman Miller's site or even Knol's. What are you looking for exactly?

Ed355

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
Try Herman Miller's site or even Knol's. What are you looking for exactly?

Thanks. Furniture for an executive office - a big desk, a few armchairs, and possibly some storage units.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Aereon chair for starters. Other than that, what is the desired aesthetic? Do you want a sort of English library, or do you want one of those typical Herman Miller offices with MvR and Eames everywhere?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you settle on, making cupping a corporate policy.

Bestof1979

Reaction score
I am in the corporate facilities management business and have had good experiences with Teknion and Haworth systems furniture and executive furniture. I am not certain if you are looking for something for a home office or your place of business though. Check out both vendors at the following;

http://www.teknion.com/
http://www.haworth.com/Brix?pageID=1

Let me know if I can help.

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I would recommend the Aereon chair for starters. Other than that, what is the desired aesthetic? Do you want a sort of English library, or do you want one of those typical Herman Miller offices with MvR and Eames everywhere?

I've bought at home/work (I run my own business) a number of Aerons but primarily their advantage seems to be that you can break wind in them without it collecting on the cushion
I prefer Izzy HAG chairs which seem to do a better job for me. I replaced my Aerons for these.

I hate to seem to threadcrap, but does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced desking system which looks good, which is also available in the UK? I'm looking to refresh my home office with a desk combo inside a 3m x 3m (10ft x 10ft) area. While I am quite fussy about where my butt goes, I'm not overtly fussy about where I stick my stuff on - although I do buy for the most part Ahrend (another suggestion for the original poster) for work, I don't think I need that level of versatility or utility at home. I was thinking of IKEA's Galant series but I figured I might want to go better quality than that.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40