1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Exchanging Louis Vuitton shoes that have been worn outside once for 1 hour

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by iamaman, Jun 8, 2014.

1. iamaman

iamaman New Member

Hi all,

I signed up to ask about this and would appreciate any answers.

Yesterday I bought myself a couple of items from Louis Vuitton, including a very nice pair of leather shoes. In the store they fit snugly and caused no pain. I went out today in them for an hour and they became progressively more painful to walk in. The length is perfect, the sole of my feet matches up with the sole of the shoe but it's become apparent that the arching bit of around the top of the shoe is pressing too tightly on my foot.

I would therefore hope to exchange the shoes for the same pair but one size bigger. I bought them yesterday from a LV store. However, they have been worn outside and whilst the top and inside of the shoes are in pristine condition (and the box etc of course), there is very minor wear signs on the sole of the shoe that are apparent on close observation. Basically from 1 hour's walking on concrete.

Would I stand any chance of being able to exchange these? I have bought two similarly expensive items from LV in the past (handbag and sunglasses) so I don't make a habit of this. Also I'm not after a refund just an exchange. But sadly I appreciate that the shoes have been worn.

My only other option is to pay to have the shoes stretched by a professional.

Interested to hear your thoughts? I am contacting them tomorrow morning.

2. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

Once shoes have been worn outside they cannot be returned. That is why you should try them on carpet first if there are any doubts about fit. That said, if they fit reasonably well when you tried them on, and if they are leather, it should be fairly easy to have them stretched by a cobbler. You'll probably gain a half size.

3. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to return them. Otherwise, I agree with EBugatti: If the shoes are made of leather, take them to a cobbler and get them stretched.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  4. Viral

Viral Senior member

Go back the store as soon as you can......explain what happened and see what they say. If you wait too long they might not honor your request......you never know what you can get just by asking.

Please let us know the outcome......good luck!

5. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

This may be a silly question, but if they're lace ups... were the laces too tight?

6. iamaman

iamaman New Member

They are loafer shoes.

Thank you everyone :)

7. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

Quote:
    You're welcome! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  8. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Senior member

LV Shoes will split and crack after several wear. No point stretching them when the majority are made of cheap shiny plastic. Return them for a full refund and run a mile.

9. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Senior member

Loafers, even worse.

10. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I would go back, explain the fit issue and hope for the best. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.