• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

example of my typical look

oldskool

Reaction score
dscf03204de.jpg
more often than not, i wear all navy blue for a sales job, dark suits, blue/navy mix of shirts and ties...

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd really love a tie like that.

SmartDresser

Reaction score
Try to mix in some browns, complementary on the color wheel. I too work in sales and get many compliments from customers regarding working with the color wheel.
cool.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's a great tie. a good shirt, taken with your suits, it looks good.

but, I probrably have a very similar taste to you, except perhaps a more old fashined cut to my suits. dark blue is a great color scheme.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would add that those colors would go equally well with gray or charcoal suits.  I personally like to pull in at least one contrasting or complementing color that's different than the color of my suit.

dan

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dscf03204de.jpg
more often than not, i wear all navy blue for a sales job, dark suits, blue/navy mix of shirts and ties...
I guess you should avoid vichy pattern with a suit

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E: what do you mean by "vichy pattern"? The pattern of French collaboration for the last 60+ years or ?? H.

PS. Love the shirt, don't care for the tie. Though I think it works.

godless

Reaction score
I don't like the shirt that much: little squares are out of fashion...at least here in italy....the tie looks pretty good instead, i like it
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads